2011 GS Nationals

BillyRValentine

Capricorn
Looking forward to seeing you again for next year's event
which will take place on Oct. 19 - 22 / 2011.

Jim C. - GSCA Race Director

Awesome!!!!!!!!

Yes, this year it was great, I am glad it's in October again. I hope you guys keep it that way here on out!!!!!!!

Prasad:D

Ditto on the October dates! Would have been nicer with more vendors. I had money to burn!

Will the Payouts be better for the Heads up stuff?

I don't wish to travel 17 hours to see a low car count cause you guys pay $150 to win...

Kinda need to know this stuff in advance to book vacation accordingly.

if this opens a can of worms so be it. I am a paying spectator

Will the Payouts be better for the Heads up stuff?

I don't wish to travel 17 hours to see a low car count cause you guys pay $150 to win...

Kinda need to know this stuff in advance to book vacation accordingly.

if this opens a can of worms so be it. I am a paying spectator
obviously you are new to the GSCA thing. the GSCA is a business that makes $ before it pays races. the Nationals is more about a status thing than anything.

obviously you are new to the GSCA thing. the GSCA is a business that makes $ before it pays races. the Nationals is more about a status thing than anything.

I agree to a certain extent in that the Nationals has never been about high payouts and yes, it is a business. But dont forget, our vendors along with most everyone else right now is suffering thru one of the worst economies in our lifetimes.

I go after payouts for some of the BB classes at the Nationals and I will tell you its gotten tough finding vendors willing to give up sponsor money right now, especially for the Big Blocks. Maybe not as much for the v6's. Not to mention the Nationals has more individual classes than most other all Buick events which spreads the funds even thinner.

Also, there are a solid handfull of other "all Buick" events that siphon sponsor monies for their own race classes, while there is a very limited number of sponsor dollars available from the limited number of Buick vendors out there in the first place. I cant tell you how many times I have heard the following statement: "Sure I would like to be a sponsor for the Nationals, but I already committed my $$ too event X". Or: "I promised so and so I would sponsor their class this year". And so on.

However, I do believe if Richard would become more active in promoting the event and mending fences (yall know what I mean) it would make it a lot easier to find sponsors and payout money. But I'm not going to hold my breath. :rolleyes:

An event that claims to be the best in the nation can't muster up more than $150 ?

yellowbullet pays $1000 for a Big Wheel race.... :(

Where is the incentive for racers to blow the dust off their cars and drag them to your event.

Where is the incentive to get a car back together to make it to your event.

The Bigger the payout the higher the car count.

The higher the car count the more spectators

Is this too difficult for the GSCA to comprehend?

The other big event is growing every year, how long til its bigger than Bowling green?

is the GSCA just going let that happen?

Glad to see the October dates again for next year. This past nationals was great weather.

I will say I've been a little bummed to see it going down hill since I started attending in the mid 90's...I do like the fall date better even though I didn't attend this year...I also will say that Reynold's has become more fun to me

Sent from my DROID2

The Bigger the payout the higher the car count.

The higher the car count the more spectators

There are other things involved. Reynolds had one of the largest payouts last year, but was about 1/2 the size of BG. There are a LOT of racers that just don't want to travel more than 4-6 hours no matter how large the payouts. It's just too big of a monetary gamble if they don't win.

As the RRA for TSO, I (actually Holly) am required to solicite payout money from vendors. Each year this becomes more and more dificult. Heck, most of the vendors won't even show up and vend at the event, let alone sponsor a class. There really just isn't that big of an incentive to vend at an event when the customer can just pick up the phone and have the part on his/her doorstep in two days. If you don't beleive me, just ask most of the vendors.

There are other things involved. Reynolds had one of the largest payouts last year, but was about 1/2 the size of BG. There are a LOT of racers that just don't want to travel more than 4-6 hours no matter how large the payouts. It's just too big of a monetary gamble if they don't win.

As the RRA for TSO, I (actually Holly) am required to solicite payout money from vendors. Each year this becomes more and more dificult. Heck, most of the vendors won't even show up and vend at the event, let alone sponsor a class. There really just isn't that big of an incentive to vend at an event when the customer can just pick up the phone and have the part on his/her doorstep in two days. If you don't beleive me, just ask most of the vendors.
Agree 100%!!

I think more people need to support the vendors "That support" this hobby/website/events or it will just end up like Cal has mentioned. There has been mention about larger payouts = more racers = more spectators? well I feel the same goes for vendors! Spectators also come to these events to buy products and save shipping costs and receive event discounts but if the people aren't there to buy anything it becomes usless for vendors to waste all their time packing everything up, making the trip, time away from the business, cost of the trip (Gas, Motels, Meals, Entry fee's, ect) and give event discounts on top of it to end up breaking even or losing money... So support your vendors at these events and on the web sites... They are also helping this hobby to grow and stay alive in this hard ecconomic time..

GNS Performance will be in Reynolds tomorrow, See everyone there!!

Scot W.

Ditto on the October dates! Would have been nicer with more vendors. I had money to burn!
Makes me wonder if you were even there! lol

List of vendors just off the top of my head.. I'm sure i'm even forgetting some.....

Hartline performance
GNS Performance
Metco
H & R Parts
Caspers
World of motorworks
Kirbans
RJC Racing
CARS inc.
Champion heads
Tin Man cold air kits

I can appreciate that getting sponsered funds for a class can be difficult.

Believe me, I and many other spectators Enjoy TSO and TSM very much and I thank everyone for supporting the classes.

My point was the GSCA is hosting the class, Selling tickets with TSO and TSM as an attraction, Surely there is room for a couple more Bucks than that...

I realize we can't compete with the Radial tire classes that pay big $$$
but $150 seems a tad Low, thats all.

As for Vendors, every year except one I returned home with a big roll of cash due to lack of vendors at BPG.
The year Hartline, Cotton, Kirbans and others were there my group spent almost $4k
I spent more on Shaved Ice at the Tiki hut than Buick parts this year...:redface:

I've never raced@ the nats, what is the average entry fee for TSO, TSM, THS? I remember it being pricey for non GSCA members for the spectator fees....

Sent from my DROID2

As for Vendors, every year except one I returned home with a big roll of cash due to lack of vendors at BPG.
The year Hartline, Cotton, Kirbans and others were there my group spent almost $4k
I spent more on Shaved Ice at the Tiki hut than Buick parts this year...:redface:
BPG and GS Nats are two totally different events! I thought we were talking about the GS Nats in BG...

Scot W.