2011 Buick Regal turbo

I drove the opel insignia while over in Germany last year. If you don't know it is the exact same car even built on the same assembly line in Germany. IMO it all around sucks. I have a 98 Regal GS and room wise it is like a van compared to that new regal. I'm 6' and I felt the car was small, plus the suspension and seats are stiff which doesn't make for pleasant driving like my 98. I can go on and on but the best way to know is to go test drive it yourself. It's performance won't even compare to the GS so I can't begin to compare it with my GN.

that wasn't what i was asking.

the epsilon 2 is a much better platform than the w-body. it's much more solid so you get a good ride - not harsh by any means - AND very good handling. the ecotec can make 500+ hp from 2.0 L with bolt ons. 15 years of evolving design, latest computer aided design and simulation are obvious.

thank you for your perspective. i too preferred the ride on my 1999 regal gs, and i though it handled well. granted, i didn't try the tour mode on the cxl turbo, and no modern car is pillowy. the steering response on the 2011 regal, however, is light years ahead, as is build quality, style and detailing. if you want a softer ride buy a lucerne.

i'm holding out for the 2012 gs which will have an LNF and hyperstrut, not to mention upgraded infotainment and seats/steering wheel.

Yeah sorry, I figured it out when I went back and read it but did not see a delete. I'm glad you like it, I've been spoiled with my lazy boy seats. My DD right now is a Reatta which is tighter than the Regal so maybe I could get used to it. The one thing that really bothered me was placement of window controls because to use them I almost had to reach back if you know what I mean. As far as HP Opel tuning has one you can buy from the dealer with around 350 or 375 ponies. Not bad on 4 cylinders. I can hope with the regal name back that another GN is in the future

no worries. i hear you about living with a car. i thought the 2008 malibu was a good car; now it really bothers me. the regal dazzled me on first impression, but will i want to keep it long term?

the dealer actually told me to get a lucerne! the lucerne is built off the same platform as the dts...the last of the 'old skool' platforms...and will be replaced in a year or so. the impala is the last of the w-bodies, and will be replaced soon too.

i think the LHU has an easy 40 hp with bolt ons, but new turbos will need tuning. it appears hp tuners has cracked the pcm just this month! if it extends to the buick, we'll make our own GN :D hyperstrut will make a huge difference when it appears on the GS...I hope they bring it downline.