2010 Southern Buick Shootout "Buicks vs the World" Nov. 5th, 6th 2010

Hope you guys have a great time and lay down some record passes this year. We will be missing the event this year as my daughter passed the Ga. Bar and is being sworn in in Augusta, Ga. tomorrow. Then it is back to work on the house she moved into at the farm and maybe some deer hunting for me late in the afternoon. LOL

Run Fast and Be Safe.

Jim

Me an a Patt are going driving the white TBSS do i have to have a helment to make a slow 13 pass ?

Listen guys, when you come in the gate on Saturday to pay to make time runs you also get free race entry... So if the TBSS will run fater than 12.49 then you are in!!! Dont forget, FREE RACE ENTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan, 88ZNX just got unhooked from the car trailer and headed for the hotel. Jason White came in just ahead of him and so did Cal I am told. Apparently Josh, Jason's brother also made it there with his white T with the turbo V8. I'm driving in from a business trip around 9 or so in the morning.

I'll be making the short 30 mile ride right from my house after lunch. I'm excited since I plan on making my first official passes today if the car checks out well!! :D The white Turbo Regal is prepped and ready, best I can tell. It's about time this 52 year old is no longer a track virgin. :cool: I sort of feel like a kid at Christmas! I have some coaching and support coming from the Augusta area (Black Demon/ Mike Waters). He was up late trying to get his vacuum brakes bled out last night (had spongy brakes) on his GN so I hope all was successful for him- we'll see.... Stop by and say hi, see ya'll at the track! :)

Me an a Patt are going driving the white TBSS do i have to have a helment to make a slow 13 pass ?
Went to get tires balanced for the 5 plus hr trip and found out front tire was seperating in the middle ... So I drove the gas hog ... Glad I did I won a hood .. Thanks Cal and Holly

Cal, props to you and Holly on putting on a great event...I'd like to personally thank you for the tuning help on Lee's car. Don't know how long you can continue to tune everyone cars at the track, but the help did not go unnoticed on our end. Thx again..Scott

Thanks Scott. I never put it together you were "STP" until now :redface: Let me know if bringing the 2nd pump in sooner fixes the lean spot. If it does, I suspect we'll be rich with all the extra AE fuel being put in.

Cal, Had a great time! Considering the weather conditions I think the event was run really well. Clint did a great job as race director AGAIN!! Now if Jim Rock ever builds me a car that will take the punishment I give it , I may win one of these races eventually. Thanks Mike:cool:

Cal, Had a great time! Considering the weather conditions I think the event was run really well. Clint did a great job as race director AGAIN!! Now if Jim Rock ever builds me a car that will take the punishment I give it , I may win one of these races eventually. Thanks Mike:cool:

Mike.... I hate I didn't get a chance to meet you. I was helping Alan with the black Iroc with the T6 in it.... you came over and asked for a rivet gun. I "think" I directed you to Alan. Alan told me several minutes later that was you. I had my head down trying to get some of our gremlins sorted out. Maybe next time I'll take the time to go meet more of the board members I haven't met in person.

Jim's car looks sick..... sounds sick...... it should really boogie when you guys get it sorted out.....

Mike.... I hate I didn't get a chance to meet you. I was helping Alan with the black Iroc with the T6 in it.... you came over and asked for a rivet gun. I "think" I directed you to Alan. Alan told me several minutes later that was you. I had my head down trying to get some of our gremlins sorted out. Maybe next time I'll take the time to go meet more of the board members I haven't met in person.

Jim's car looks sick..... sounds sick...... it should really boogie when you guys get it sorted out.....

Jims car is sick ,but not in a good way!! It really hasnt run without somekind of misfiring since Ive been driving it and is getting very fustrating. I believe it will easily run 7.50's or quicker when we find the problem.
I am normally the same way, head down and working on something!! Selling parts was actually a good thing for me as I have meet a lot of people that I would never have meet otherwise. Actually I am a very shy and backwards person until long after I meet someone. My wife has helped me a lot with this as she doesnt know a stranger and introduces me to many people that I would never normally speak to. Hope to meet you someday soon!! Mike:cool:
BTW nice job fixing the head gaskets and running your quickest time ever!!

Southern Buick Shootout ~ Reynolds

I wanted to take the time to say "Thank you to All the Racers & Spectators" that came to our event. We really appreciate the support.

I would also like to say BIG THANKS to Clint Atkins for doing an Awesome Job as Our Race Director. We could not do it without you Clint!!! We are very grateful for all you do.

Hope to see everyone for next years event in the Spring! New Scheduled dates will be announced soon.

Hey Cal, wanted to thank you and Holly for putting on a great event, we had a good time and hope on doing it again, it was nice to see alot of friends that I haven't seen in a while and also making new ones, also thanks to Clint for the help in getting me straight in the lanes and just going around and making sure people were enjoying themselves, Thanks again for a great event. Jr.

I wanted to thank Cal, Holly, and Clint for another great year at Reynolds. I upped my best ET and MPH (12.20 @110) in the S-10 again this year even after having to drive it from Valdosta after losing oil pressure in my dad's buick and puting it on the trailer. Boy was I glad I did the 2004r swap this year, still got 15 MPG on the highway. I was really hoping the turnout was going to be big this year after the good response from the last year.
Thanks again,
Jason West