2010 Southern Buick Shootout "Buicks vs the World" Nov. 5th, 6th 2010

There will also be event Tshirts on sale for the event. Please get with Holly to reserve amount and sizes. Price to be determined by Hartline Performance. She hasn't seen them yet so she will have to wait til Thursday to see them herself!!! LOL....

Please save one 3X for Jimmy Dotson aka Cheatin Jim.

Check out the latest weather forecast...

Mike

Attachments

• Reynolds weather.jpg
    Reynolds weather.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 531
I'm not camping out in 28*! I looked for hotels online but are they all like 12-20 miles away? Where's the best hotel to stay at?

Most people stay at the Day's Inn in Fort Valley. Yes, it's about 10 miles away. It is straight down the hwy with only 1-2 stoplights near the hotel.

Timing of the days:

Friday it says timed runs start at 11:00. What time will they shut the track down Friday?

Saturday it says timed runs start at 10AM. What time will eliminations start? What time do you think the last official racing will be over? Will they be shutting the track down after the last final? i.e. no more test-in-tune?

Last year we ran until around midnight on Friday. On Saturday we usually do peer tech around 9-10am, then a few qualifying runs, then eliminations around 1pm. During eliminations, you can make test & tune runs. racing is usually over around 5pm. Clint or Holly will correct me I'm sure :tongue:

Last year we ran until around midnight on Friday. On Saturday we usually do peer tech around 9-10am, then a few qualifying runs, then eliminations around 1pm. During eliminations, you can make test & tune runs. racing is usually over around 5pm. Clint or Holly will correct me I'm sure :tongue:

See, this is exactly why we ask Cal not to post ANYTHING!!! J/K

We will have to play everything by ear depending on number of cars per class. On Saturday Time Runs start at 10, final qualifying at 11, elimns at noon. We plan on having 2 rounds of qualifying on Friday and 1 on Saturday. However, If noone choose to run the final round of qualifying we will go straight to elimns at 11. Should still be some daylight by the time we are finished. Time runs will run in concert with elimns. So if you are making time runs only then you will be able to run between rounds. Any more questions lemme know.

And this is why Clint is in charge :biggrin:

Climbing back under my keyboard now :cool:

See, this is exactly why we ask Cal not to post ANYTHING!!! J/K

We will have to play everything by ear depending on number of cars per class. On Saturday Time Runs start at 10, final qualifying at 11, elimns at noon. We plan on having 2 rounds of qualifying on Friday and 1 on Saturday. However, If noone choose to run the final round of qualifying we will go straight to elimns at 11. Should still be some daylight by the time we are finished. Time runs will run in concert with elimns. So if you are making time runs only then you will be able to run between rounds. Any more questions lemme know.

I was mainly referring to running after the finals on Saturday...... 2 years ago.... they closed the track after the finals were run.... and that was like 4:00 or 4:30 in the afternoon...... kinda was a letdown from getting to run til midnight the night before........ I guess there can never be enough racing.... LOL :biggrin:

I was mainly referring to running after the finals on Saturday...... 2 years ago.... they closed the track after the finals were run.... and that was like 4:00 or 4:30 in the afternoon...... kinda was a letdown from getting to run til midnight the night before........ I guess there can never be enough racing.... LOL :biggrin:

Problem is that when renting a facility the track only stays open long enough to get the finals complete. After that the owners and track crew are ready to go home to do their own thing. On Friday now once we are done with our portion the track normally opens to the public to which we will not get any benefits from that other than you wont have to pay any extra to make time runs. Works good for the track as it keeps cars going down it in the cool weather. Trust me much after sunset you won't want to be on it with a fast car. Track conditions change rapidly

Southern Buick Shootout ~ Reynolds

Only 3 days away. Hope everyone is getting their cars loaded up and ready to come put down some Record Numbers!!

Drive Safe Everyone and see you Friday Morning or Thursday evening for those of you that are staying at the track in campers.

For all of you coming, We would like to say "Thank You for your Support"!!!:biggrin:

We will be loading up Jim Rocks car into John Schmidts trailer in about 2 hours and start that way. We should be there thurs afternoon sometime!!
Looking forward to it!! Mike:cool:

We will be loading up Jim Rocks car into John Schmidts trailer in about 2 hours and start that way. We should be there thurs afternoon sometime!!
Looking forward to it!! Mike:cool:

I will be in Thur evening, Gimme a buzz and I believe I still owe YOU a dinner...

Reynolds Class Winner Plates!!

Hartline Performance contacted us to do something different for their Reynolds event that they could give to the winners of each class. Well I came up with specialized plates for each class that the winner could put on the car or proudly hang in the garage. They came out looking pretty good....

PS: We can do stuff like this for ANY event and/or ANY business!!

Scot W.

Attachments

• 2010 reynolds plates 004.jpg
    2010 reynolds plates 004.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 411
Hartline Performance contacted us to do something different for their Reynolds event that they could give to the winners of each class. Well I came up with specialized plates for each class that the winner could put on the car or proudly hang in the garage. They came out looking pretty good....

PS: We can do stuff like this for ANY event and/or ANY business!!

Scot W.

Oh hell, I gotta have some of that action in May. Very Nice Scot!!!!!

Me an a Patt are going driving the white TBSS do i have to have a helment to make a slow 13 pass ?

cookout

Is there a cookout Friday nite? If so I want to bring something--WHAT?