2010 camaro. Need help with O2 Monitor resetting.

2010 Camaro SS with only 5200 miles.
Got a misfire Code.
Took it to the dealer and the dealer wiped the computer and set it to New.
Now the O2 and Purge monitors don't want to reset.
Owner was told by the dealer that the only fix is to drive the car so that the ECM can relearn and reset.
Fastfoward 900 plus miles and 5 days later.
The monitors still haven't reset. HELP.
What is the real fix to this monitor crap

A good friend of mine runs and statrted www.ny5thgen.com. He also has a TB and is on here. Not sure if he will see this post... But if no one answers, should try posting on that forum. Those people are really nice and will be able to help you. Hope that helps.

A good friend of mine runs and statrted www.ny5thgen.com. He also has a TB and is on here. Not sure if he will see this post... But if no one answers, should try posting on that forum. Those people are really nice and will be able to help you. Hope that helps.
Will do
Thanks
Btw I went on ls1tech.com and camaro5. It doesn't seem to be a common problem since there is very little info on this problem.

Look here....
http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/37cvr-long-does-evap-monitor-reset.html
The reset involves a prescribed set of operations to get it reset..
Done that about for about 400 miles worth.
Seriously this car got over 900 miles worth of "Resetting procedures" in the last 5 days.
That includes 3 trips to the Chevy dealer and about four trips to the mechanic.
The famous answer? You just have to drive it?
The pos is 5 years old and only had 5200 miles --- now because of this monitor BS and 900 miles of testing it now has overs 6k miles.

Is the engine light on again or you're just waiting for monitors to complete because of emissions testing I assume?

You should be able to find the parameters required to run the monitors. Most need several things to occur for the monitor to run. I've heard of cars taking weeks for monitors to run. I've seen where they never run because of a faulty fuel level sender. Yes it's likely the purge monitor won't run unless the fuel level in the tank is in a prescribed range. O2 heater monitors will never run unless the engine goes through a cold start(s) cycle. Cat converter monitors require a lot of parameters to run also. It's possible to miss the requirements on normal driving. Especially if engine temp stays warm between start cycles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone with either Efilive, or HP Tuners, can d/l the program, and compare it to the correct program for that particular PCM, car model, engine/trans, year.
If there was an incorrect program uploaded, then he could see what the issues are.
To correct them,a new program would be flashed. D/L is free. A flash costs $.

That seems to be the thing these days - dealers will always want you to drive however many miles to test to clear codes etc. it is annoying