200R4 wizards in central NC?

kh440

Jo Bu needs a refill!
Looks like Damien is getting ready to grenade the trans...who should I turn to first??

See if you can get up with Richard Clark - A2000RICH here on TB.com
If he can't help you NO ONE can!!

Richard was one of the first names I thought of, but after looking at my bank account looks like this sucker is going to be grazing for a while.

Kevin, I would call Rich and at least go over the trans to see what it needs. Maybe you have some good parts to barter.

If you could get it to the Charlotte area, Billy Varner Jr. He's been doing 200R4's for years that run street/strip and stands behind his work. He's very reasonable and a drag racer himself. PM me if you want his cell number.

Sharif is getting the car tomorrow, and we'll (he'll) drop he pan to look for shrapnel. The fluid on the stick is dark but does not smell burned and I don't feel any metal. Here's what it's doing: 1-2 shift does not occur until over 3000 rpm and I have to feather the throttle to "coax" it into gear. 2-3 is almost as bad. Runs fine in 3rd and 4th-no slippage no flaring no nothing....

If you could get it to the Charlotte area, Billy Varner Jr. He's been doing 200R4's for years that run street/strip and stands behind his work. He's very reasonable and a drag racer himself. PM me if you want his cell number.

Huhhh... I've been in Charlotte for 15+ years, building/maintaining/tuning Turbo Regals, and have R&R'd at least 50+ high HP/TQ units for these cars. I never heard of Billy Varner Jr. I know many that have dealership level knowledge with the 2004r, but very few that have what it takes for them to hold up under power!

K.

Billy Varner Jr. and his father Bill Sr. own Bill's Transmission on Freedom Drive. They've been doing trans for 30+ years. Henry Turner at Ace High Performance in Concord recommended them to me about 20 years ago. They do most of the 350th, 400th, and powerglides for Henry's customers that run at Mooresville. They've done numerous 350th for me over the years that went in Chevelles and Camaros that I abused regularly at the strip. However, if you want a 200R4 done, only talk to Jr. He's done quite a few including mine that I know of, with no issues. However, if you have someone that you trust I'd stick with them. I was just trying to help out :).

James