2009 Official TSM Rule Changes

Scott231

Mean Scott
Of the 17 votes cast, the Final results are:

01. Manual Steering - PASSED with 10 affirmative votes (meaning the power steering pump and steering 'gear' box can be removed and replaced with a manual steering box - such as the unit found on certain S-10 trucks)
02. Rack & Pinion - did not pass with only 5 affirmative votes
03. Engine Size Protest - did not pass with only 8 affirmative votes
04. Licensing requirement - did not pass with only 2 affirmative votes
05. Second Battery - did not pass with only 7 affirmative votes
06. 325/50-15 Drag Radials - did not pass with only 8 affirmative votes
07. Electric Water Pumps - did not pass with only 5 affirmative votes
08. Fiberglass Deck lids - did not pass with only 7 affirmative votes
09. Aftermarket cast intakes - PASSED with 9 affirmative votes (including the Champion and BGC cast aluminum pieces)
10. Limit rule changes to every other year - PASSED with 13 affirmative votes (next proposal/voting process to be held for the 2011 season)
11. Team Registration (for the Point Series) - did not pass with only 5 affirmative votes

The GSCA race director has acquiesced with the above. Therefore, the TSM racers need not make changes to their TSM cars just for the GS Nationals due to the above changes compared with the other races for the season.

Actual wording changes to the TSM rules are in process.

Wish one more would have voted for 325/50s... Randy, you gotta buy two sets of tires now..lol

Wish one more would have voted for 325/50s... Randy, you gotta buy two sets of tires now..lol

Dang it man why yall don't like me .:(

just my two cents, but to me street legal cars should be able to race on street legal tires ;) I don't think those tires would be an advantage to anyone besides looking kick a**, :D
Oh well, the TSM racing is still gonna rock this year :)

We love ya Randy!!

I can't wait! Are you going to join us???

I am coming to support the Pine Tree/Palm Tree Posse, drink a few beers, flirt with the women, and see some kickin racing. Don't know if i will make all of them though. Still getting my beast together.... Maybe BG will be the break in passes

just my two cents, but to me street legal cars should be able to race on street legal tires.
Street legal tires have Always been legal in TSM...they just have to be smaller than what was proposed as a rule change.