2009 Corvette ZR1 "Fire Sale" at Selman Chevrolet, So Cal

hes an idiot.

stick a "not for sale" sign on it and see what kind of offers he gets.

Shane,
why's that ? can you explain?

Well depending on who they got their floor plan with, he can let the car sit on his lot for as long as they let him and write off the interest as a business expense. The dealer can still say it is his, drive when he wants and let the gov hold half the expense...:biggrin:

back in the spring of 2004, the Ford dealer in the town i lived in at the time got one of those $140k GT's in.. they put it in the showroom with silk ropes about 3 feet away from it to keep us lesser humans from touching it, and put a markup on it that jacked the price up to $250k. it sold in less than a week.

You should have approached a salesman and asked (in a serious tone) if they would take a cash for clunkers trade in on it

One of my favorite work diversions is to go to ebay and search "corvette zr1". There are a lot out there with no mark up, so he must want to hold on to it.

Looking at pictures of the real thing on ebay sitting at the dealer is sweet. Awesome car.

I know someone who picked one up for 117 a few months ago. He told the guy at the dealership to take the 20K markup off or he would take his cash elsewhere.

Yep..

Yes,
Plenty of dealers in 1987 had markup over MSRP for GNXs.

Tony Moore Buick, here in the Atl area, had a bunch of GNX's and GN's. AIRC, he had the last 18 GN's & x's, all marked up.... He went broke, and moved "back home" to Ala....Serves him right!:rolleyes:
The same will happen to these greedy dlrs..
When the "new" Challenger came out, the local, hillbilly dlr had a few. The first was sold at list + $20+K. [In the $65K range]. The last 1 he had, sat out next to the 4 lane for a yr.
My bud bought 1 of them for list -$2500.
About 3 mo ago, his stealership bldg was abandoned, and he was "tango uniform"....What goes around, comes around.:D

What's really funny is, over on Corvetteforum there are guys ordering 2010 ZR1s for MSRP. So your dealership there had better act fast, or he is going to be holding on to a very, very expensive example of last years model ZR1, of which there are about 100 sitting, unsold, nationwide.

This kind of thing always comes back to bite dealerships: it ruined the 2004-06 GTO (apart from the "looks like a Cavalier" styling, and is causing problems with current new Camaro sales too). Very sad GM can't step in and put a stop to it.

back in the spring of 2004, the Ford dealer in the town i lived in at the time got one of those $140k GT's in.. they put it in the showroom with silk ropes about 3 feet away from it to keep us lesser humans from touching it, and put a markup on it that jacked the price up to $250k. it sold in less than a week.

Big difference. A GT isn't a corvette with a supercharger.

There were 3 ZR1's at Big Bend Open road race last spring (a weekend of parades, car shows and a race) , and when I talked to "chevy guys" who where there, and I told them there were 3 ZR1's there they didn't believe me.

It's pretty hard for even a hardcore chevy guy to spot a ZR1 going down the road from the 100's of Z06's.

Tony Moore Buick, here in the Atl area, had a bunch of GNX's and GN's. AIRC, he had the last 18 GN's & x's, all marked up.... He went broke, and moved "back home" to Ala....Serves him right!:rolleyes:
The same will happen to these greedy dlrs..
When the "new" Challenger came out, the local, hillbilly dlr had a few. The first was sold at list + $20+K. [In the $65K range]. The last 1 he had, sat out next to the 4 lane for a yr.
My bud bought 1 of them for list -$2500.
About 3 mo ago, his stealership bldg was abandoned, and he was "tango uniform"....What goes around, comes around.:D

Yup, that why my buddy bought all 9 of his new TRs at Connley Buick.