2009 Corvette ZR1 "Fire Sale" at Selman Chevrolet, So Cal

Drip Pan

Every Buick needs one!
...not!!

I was picking up my Impala SS after having some warranty work done to it and wandered through the showroom. I thought I would post a pic of this ZR1's sticker-- check it out:

l_4e52f675408f4c008edff177602cefac.jpg

The vehicle was locked up tight, and you weren't even allowed to sit in it. :frown:

$40K of stupidity, not greed.

Gee, lets see... mark it up $13K and sell it... or mark it up $40K and sit on it for ever.

It's only 40K over sticker because he DOESN'T want to sell it.

that's about a 33% markup..
that's right in line with the markups that idiots were paying for New Beetles and PT Cruisers when they first came out, percentage wise.
back in '87, were there any Buick dealers doing markups on the GNX they were allotted?

LOL, I might be convinced the dealer is not looking to sell that Vette with that blatant addition of $40k on the sticker. I can't imagine anyone in this economy paying for any vehicle at sticker let alone 33% over since you know they're hurting to sell drinks from the vending machine let alone vehicles.

Maybe, with a bit of luck, that a$$hole will be on GM's "hit parade", and the car will end up being picked up during the stealership closing.....

Maybe he doesn't want it to sell, so it stays in his showroom, and brings people in to look at it. Then tries to sell them other cars while they are there.

$40K of stupidity, not greed.

Gee, lets see... mark it up $13K and sell it... or mark it up $40K and sit on it for ever.

It's only 40K over sticker because he DOESN'T want to sell it.

Exactly! He wants to be able to have it and keep it on his floorplan and let write off the interest:wink:

Yes,
Plenty of dealers in 1987 had markup over MSRP for GNXs.

A dealer in Phoenix had one in the showroom, sticker somewhere in the mid 20's, plus dealer markup $25k. A friend who went out there a couple of times a year saw it, and they still had it 2-3 years later. Don't know when it finally sold.

that's about a 33% markup..
that's right in line with the markups that idiots were paying for New Beetles and PT Cruisers when they first came out, percentage wise.
back in '87, were there any Buick dealers doing markups on the GNX they were allotted?

Dealers also jacked up the prices on 87 GN's and called it "ADP". Their explanation of "ADP" was additional dealer prep when in reality it was additional dealer PROFIT. Most in my area added between $2000-$2500 for the 87 GN,s.

Dealers also jacked up the prices on 87 GN's and called it "ADP". Their explanation of "ADP" was additional dealer prep when in reality it was additional dealer PROFIT. Most in my area added between $2000-$2500 for the 87 GN,s.

dealer in San Diego was marking them up $7500. He told me he was having no problem selling them. I paid sticker in Denver.