2008 Bpg Nationals

Anyone from New Orleans area

Anyone from the New Orleans area coming to the BPG Nationals? I have a 66 bench seat frame I'm trying to give to a guy down there. I'm sure he would :BEERS: if you brought in down his way.

Any final rules and restrictions set for ALL the different brackets classes yet? I find it a little odd that hotel information and the call to reserve vacation time is being put out before the rules of the event. I prefer to know a little about what's in store for me before making such a trip and showing up at the track. I hope I'm not being unreasonable here. This is a racing event, isn't it? Or is it more of a show deal? Clue me in here.

Final race class rules (AND PAYOUTS) are being done as we "speak". There will be a Sat car show, but there is racing all weekend in TSO and TSM classes, among others. There is an alky injected street car class being finalized as well.

Is there any specific class for Hybrids like at Nationals?

If not could I run in the Alky Class and not run alky? Lol. Don't like or want it.

My wiper motor does not fit. I'll swap that rule for another. Lol....

I think they'd be better to swap a wiper motor for alky... Right?

Thanks for any thoughts and info...

Scott
86 Hybrid Camaro Buick V6.

spray the track!!!!!!!!!!

i,m with len,if the bpg wants to see the fast cars come to thier event then they should give us a SAFE track to run on.
who is this guy that they won,t let run in the q-16 or quick-8?
i,m not aware of what kind of car he has thats causing all the bull----,
bye the way,is the quick -8 a heads -up race? sure hope so as i for one am tired of seeing 10 sec cars win the super 16 races.the fast cars go out early and we have a b-2 bracker race for all the money.dosen,t make sense to me.if you want to run with the big boys build your self a big boys car.q-16 & q-8 should be heads -up pro-tree FIRST MAN TO THE FINISH LINE WINS!
DRAGSTERS ARE NOT CARS ! :confused:

i,m with len,if the bpg wants to see the fast cars come to thier event then they should give us a SAFE track to run on.
who is this guy that they won,t let run in the q-16 or quick-8?
i,m not aware of what kind of car he has thats causing all the bull----,
bye the way,is the quick -8 a heads -up race? sure hope so as i for one am tired of seeing 10 sec cars win the super 16 races.the fast cars go out early and we have a b-2 bracker race for all the money.dosen,t make sense to me.if you want to run with the big boys build your self a big boys car.q-16 & q-8 should be heads -up pro-tree FIRST MAN TO THE FINISH LINE WINS!
DRAGSTERS ARE NOT CARS ! :confused:

#1: track prep is a concern after hearing numerous complaints, while we have confidence in the staff and facilities at NTR, if the problems persist we will be shopping for a new home for our event.

#2: Q8 and S16 are heads up, pro tree racing, Buick powered "door slammers" only. There will be a match race scheduled featuring the dragsters, with a possibility of their own class for '09, but the Q8 and S16 are for full bodied cars only.

I know I'm outa my league with the Quick 16 but what's the general times the quick 16 Run????

Ok.. what's the slowest :)
~Scott

Ok, Stupid Question. If Im Not Racing This Year And I Want To Come Sell Off Some Of My Spare Parts Do I Have Pay For Being A Spectator Or Being A Racer Or What? Is There Going To Be A Special Area For Swap Meet Type Items? When I Went Last Year I Just Kind Put Some Stuff Out Beside My Truck.

Ok, Stupid Question. If Im Not Racing This Year And I Want To Come Sell Off Some Of My Spare Parts Do I Have Pay For Being A Spectator Or Being A Racer Or What? Is There Going To Be A Special Area For Swap Meet Type Items? When I Went Last Year I Just Kind Put Some Stuff Out Beside My Truck.

There will be an area for selling/swapping. Touch base with Sean about that as far as getting some tent space; gbsean@optonline.net

My understanding is you will only need to purchase a spectator's ticket for each day you plan to be there. We are not charging any extra for vendors/private sellers.

just purchase a spectator ticket...we will have an area set up for used parts vendors

On Friday anyone can make NHRA license passes if they wish. Just bring a NHRA physical form filled out by a doctor.

Also, according to the person I talked to, they will not have any c16 or q16 for sale there. The highest octane available will be c12.

Also, according to the person I talked to, they will not have any c16 or q16 for sale there. The highest octane available will be c12.

That is correct info. The nearest VP dealer that I am aware of is Eastland Citgo (now a Valero) gas station. They have drums of VP C-16 and charge $13/gallon.

I know I'm outa my league with the Quick 16 but what's the general times the quick 16 Run????

Ok.. what's the slowest :)
~Scott

Scott, my guess based on previous events is that the q16 bump will be 9.8-10.2. I think it was in the 9's at Norwalk earlier this summer but that was the first time I remember that happening.