2007 GNX Concept

rose1mr

I got my copy of GMHTP today, and there is a little article on the bottom of page 10...

it reads : "All of the gloom & Doom news coming out of GM these days has done little to dissuade the legions of GM fans who still have strong opinions about which future performance vehicles should be built. This '07 GNX concept by Dean Hotel surfaced on the Internet in early 2005. Its lines say GTO/Monaro, but a full "X" treatment, including a monochromatic black finish, big 18-inch rims, and classic Buick portholes, get GS & GN lovers to look twice. Thrust would come from a 3.6L DOHC twinturbo V-6 pumping out 450 horses and 465lb-ft of torque, and either a six-speed manual or six-speed auto would get that power to an all-wheel-drive system. It's easy to dismiss such a radical idea these days, especially with all domestic automakers in financial trouble. but GMHTP sources deep within GM are still seeing activity on proposed future performance vehicles that were supposed to be long gone...."

Interesting! :)

Tell you what...if that car ever came to be...I AM AN OWNER!!!

To be honest, I wish it were true. The only car company I see doing things is Daimler-Chrysler...Ford's trying....GM lost it...only worth mentioning is the C6, maybe the Cadillac lineup...
GN/GNX-modern day version....don't make me take out a home equity loan... :D

Whoever did it...did a great job!

They reported that the camaro/firebird platform will return for the '07 or '08 model years, with a RWD format. And although most reports coming out of GM are that the RWD is dead, I wouldnt put money on it. One thing is for certain...nothing is forever.

rose1mr said:
Whoever did it...did a great job!

They reported that the camaro/firebird platform will return for the '07 or '08 model years, with a RWD format. And although most reports coming out of GM are that the RWD is dead, I wouldnt put money on it. One thing is for certain...nothing is forever.

One of the guys who posts on another forum I read was the head of the F-Body division. He did a whole write up in response to people talking crap about GM and their situation. In the end he garunteed we'd be seeing a RWD V8 performance car coming out soon.