2006 Buick Horsepower Nationals - Repost

Mike Licht

I was here first
Sorry if this has been posted here before but I could not find it.
Mike

Exciting news - John Chamberlain has tentatively secured a world class facility for the first annual Buick Horsepower Nationals at Indianapolis Raceway Park June 28-July1, 2006! Deal was finalized today and the contract should be in the mail next week.

This major event will feature 4 days of racing [maybe 5 if we do Sunday?]with the world's fastest Buicks, a classic car show with Buicks of all ages, vendor's row, swap meet, car corral and other exciting areas for all car enthusiasts.

This facility is home to the "world series" of drag racing,
the NHRA U.S. Nationals. One of the finest facilities of
its kind in the world will host "Buicks at Indy" for a fun
and exciting week for the entire family!

Racers will enjoy this professional facility and its staff
dedicated to make your stay as simple and comfortable
as possible. Couple this with generous purses in many
classes, lots of incentives, great paved pit area and a
track as good as it gets, it is an event NOT to miss!

Stay tuned for the many details of this event and the
prgrams as they are presented over the next few weeks.
arizonagn@earthlink.net
602-866-9908

Aha! Now, an event for the Nats haters. I'm interested because it's a new facility (to me anyway). Don't get me wrong BG is nice but this gives me an excuse to go to Indy.

Ok what classes? Please tell me TSM!

Alright something semi-local. Hopefully the dates won't interfere with any Pontiac or TA shows that I normally attend. IRP is an awesome track and was very well prepped the many times I have been there. They also have a tower that you can get on top of at some events (I'm assuming it should be open for this event it's always open at the Good Guys show there) that is awesome for making videos from.

Boost86 where are you at in IN?

Looks like this event could turn into something really cool. I've already seen a bunch of well known racers say that they'd go. Turnout should be good.

It's a closer (and easier) drive for me too! :)

Mike:

Sounds great! I would rather go to Indy and IRP than BG. Even thought I will be a “few” more hours.

Thanks

:cool:

Sounds awesome!!!

IRP is my home track!!! If the people in charge of this event need any help putting this thing together just let me know.