2004r behind 550lbs torque?

gbodyman

I have an 87 monte SS with a pretty well built 2004r. It has taken everything my small block has thrown at it, but i am putting a 472 cadillac motor into my car. Power when finished should be around 400hp and 550lbs of torque, and i'm installing a 150hp edelbrock nitrous kit. Any chance in the world it will hold or should i grab the 400 out of the car while i can?

Thanks, Ian

mine works fine but i have lots and lots of money in it (5 k) and have not had a problem in the 550-600 range to the wheels

shawn

hey gbody ,chris from ckperformance.com in queens ny here .you can run those numbers thru the trans w/out a problem but with all those ft pounds i would use our 2.38 or 2.52 first gear set to gety it to hook up ,the factory 2.75 is too much combined with the massive low end torque of the caddies long stroke crankshaft .shirley huh?that puts you about 40 miles east of us right?fb and select dont specialize in 2004rs and dont use billet parts manufactured by ckperformance.looking for sponsorship?it would be a nice project for the company .718v 626 4315 www.ckperformance.com ....................whats the goin ons at edison avenue and 231 these days ?

Sponsorship... sure. 231 is mostly damn imports now in the summer, eddison ave i've never been to. Gone 2 westhampton a couple of times this year. Thanks