2004R 1st gear problem

Malibutomi

Ok guys heres my problem,hope one of you can help me.
My 2004R is assembled with alto bands and clutches, a superior pump, CKperformance valve body (#24RVB/RK), billet servo and so on.
It shift firm, chirps the tires in 1-2-3 shifts...but not all times..becouse...
The tranny only has 1 gear when it gets hot...15-20 mins in downtown traffic jam....or a few circles on WOT, or burnout...so when its get hot..suddenly theres 1st gear...
In normal use, sit in-start up-drive the car starts in 2nd gear, shifts 3rd and 4th good.If i put it in 1st with the shifter this time, it feels something like when i left the parking brake on...the car dont want to roll easy...
If i shift 2nd it feels normal.
If the tranny is hot i can shift 1st gear manually, and it works. What can this be?
I have an external tranny cooler, and an aftermarket aluminum radiator, so the tranny lines not going into the radiator, only in the external cooler.

My guess is

One of the scarf cut sealing rings on the forward drum shaft has been damaged during assembly. If so, I believe it will do the same thing in reverse. Happened to me once. Try backing off the TV cable adj. 2-3 clicks--could solve the 1st gear starts. I'm sure some of the others can help. Best of luck.