200 Amp Alternator

Raymond Bunch

"Turbo Enthusiast"
Guys, I found this 200 Amp Alternator on evilbay at a very reasonably price. They have very good rating and warranty if not satisfied.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Buick-...Submodel:Trans+Am&hash=item41876c70e5&vxp=mtr

If I were to buy, I will be most defiantly be swapping my Alt. pulley and fan onto the new alternator.

What your thoughts, anyone bought from this company before?

And before anyone say support a vendor...please don't. I've been supporting our vendors for 13 years. I am however smart enough to save money, where money can be saved. ;)

If it's not worth it...I'll be giving Kirban's Performance a call. Thanks!

Actually we are putting a 220 amp alternator on both GNs and the T Type. We found the EBay ones do not have an unlimited regulator.

If you give me your old one, we can rebuild it with all the good parts and you will have a true 220 amps. It will run you $150.

Let me know.

Actually we are putting a 220 amp alternator on both GNs and the T Type. We found the EBay ones do not have an unlimited regulator.

If you give me your old one, we can rebuild it with all the good parts and you will have a true 220 amps. It will run you $150.

Let me know.

Thanks, Reggie.
I didn't know this, this probably explains why they are so cheap. On this note; Mine hasn't actually gone out yet, and I know Frank just rebuilt it prior to me buying the car. I'm just thinking when I put that double pumper in, I want all the reliable voltage I can get. Although, in the mean time, I just purchased a Casper's Volt Booster. I will give this a whirl and see how things go with my current single fuel pump. I will defiantly keep you in mind! I didn't know you built these things. Thanks for the heads up.
Ray

Let me know.
I'm interested. I have a 240 amp internal fan that I can't get to stop squeaking. I guess that bolt in th rear of the stock alt has a purpose!
Info please?

I'm interested. I have a 240 amp internal fan that I can't get to stop squeaking. I guess that bolt in th rear of the stock alt has a purpose!
Info please?

We will put new windings, armature, 8 mm bearings instead of 6 mm and an unregulated regulator so you get a true 220 amps. This will give you 13.2 volts around town and 14 when you put your foot in it . Send me your core and we will do it for $175 .

We will put new windings, armature, 8 mm bearings instead of 6 mm and an unregulated regulator so you get a true 220 amps. This will give you 13.2 volts around town and 14 when you put your foot in it . Send me your core and we will do it for $175 .
It was just $150 in a couple of post earlier. Now $175? What's the difference?

I still have my stock alt. that's the one I want to send.
No problem. Can do.

I am trying to keep prices down the best I can but they do change on me too.

PM me and I will give you the address to send it to.

Dual fuel pumps, dual fans, alky pump, AC, sound system one 4 channel amp and in my case intercooler pump.

I am a believer in plenty of juice under full throttle at 21 psi with the alky.

is and alternator suppose to go up and down in the in volts 11.5 -12.5 around town or is it not to go below 12volts at all just put one in from a local shop thats what is doing any input would be helpful .before i call them on monday.

is and alternator suppose to go up and down in the in volts 11.5 -12.5 around town or is it not to go below 12volts at all just put one in from a local shop thats what is doing any input would be helpful .before i call them on monday.

Doesn't sound good. It'll move some but you want well over 13v all the time. I run low 14v all the time. On a real hot day of city driving, it may dip to 13.8.

ok thanks gonna let him know its dropping below 12.5 and see what he saids its a cs144 i know i should be getting the 13.5 all the time just wanted verification. thanks.

If you are seeing the volts drop on the scanmaster check the battery and i bet you will see about one volt better at the battery. 9 times outta ten teh SM reads a little low.

ok got that fixed . I rewired my dual fans only had one on a relay so I put a relay on the other one and all is good now I'm seeing 13 .5 13. 7 below is it goes into 12 .5 12. 7 never under12 volts.with the car running I measured at the alternator 14 .7 at the battery 14 7 at the red wire for the ecm at the battery before and after the plug 14 . 7 . went to the fuse box and all the fuses read13 .7 except for it reads14.7 . and there's a 5 amp fuse that I only reads .4 out of it didn't see it with those two or four but I'll check that another time soon but all is good thanks to everybody that chimed in really appreciate it. now I can tune the car
Sent from my LG-MS910

might have to send my stocker to you in a few weeks, I have all the stuff you listed, just a much bigger sound system, heh.