200-4r questions

wickedred

i have a 200-4r trans. tag reads 003-2T83AA1800. i have broken down that is is a 1983 cira 200-4r out of a Cadillac w/o E.C.S.

i gave $75 for this tranny not knowing much about them. i am looking to build a 200-4r tranny to put behind my 408 stroker in my 98 Z28. this motor will produce somewhere in neighbor hood or 500rwhp. i plan to spray anoth 300hp down it with a progressive controller. i know i should do a th400 but i want to keep the OD and the 4L80E is to heavy and expensive to get done right. i dont want a computer controlling my tranny eigther.

my question is:
is this a tranny worth building?
is this tranny a good core?

any input is appreciated.

the aa code is a nice calibration but you have the early one.id use that and locate another valve body as well as get a copy of our 200 page 2004r manaul if your rebuilding it .it covers everything and then some

i plan to to go all out with the tranny. i am looking for something that will last. i have been eyeballing one of your stage 2 trannys with a FMV and deep pan. i have also bben lookaing at Century and PTS. they are just super expensive though.