200-4R broken od thrust washer affect converter stall?

BMR

Bad Medicine Racing
Same old story. Pulled the pan to change fluid and filter and found chunks in the pan. Anyway, I had made some changes and it was really starting to spool up nice on the brakes. So did my changes help or is it just dumping charge pressure to the converter with all that stuff flopping around, and making the converter *seem* looser?

(y)Similar situation..................any ideas???? Or do we just run it till it blows??? Hate to destroy a decent 200R4 because of lack of intel....:nailbiting:

I pulled mine for a freshen up. It was a good thing too because the drum had worn the heads down on the bolts for the stator support.

Chunks in the pan mean rebuild time-or at least a patch job. That washer is cheap and easy to change with basic hand tools. Hardest part is pulling the trans.

At what point do you say OOOPS, it has to come out? I know this is a vague ?? but in my case. as in many I would assume, we do not know when the washer failed.... some of us would have never known if the pan wasn't pulled for ?????

At what point do you say OOOPS, it has to come out? I know this is a vague ?? but in my case. as in many I would assume, we do not know when the washer failed.... some of us would have never known if the pan wasn't pulled for ?????
Chunks off thrust washer in the pan mean it has to come out.

I guess the moral of the story is to pull the pan on a semi regular basis and check for damage. When you have nylon/plastic or what ever else is in there marinating in transmission fluid for 30+ years it gets brittle. I pulled mine with intentions of just replacing the washer, but found the stator support bolt heads worn, and the OD clutches had some hot spots on them. So it was time for a freshen up anyway. The chunks in the pan were just a good heads up before it started slipping.