200 4R and activation on a chassis Dyno

W30post

I come to you guys for this. How do you trick your 200 4R trans into staying in 3rd for a dyno pull.

I went this week with my 455 Olds and 200 4R trans. The technician had to start at a higher RPM to keep it from downshifting and this caused lower HP numbers. I have a good idea that the torque number is spot on but how can I get more consistent HP numbers with a chassis dyno by tricking the 200 4R to stay in third?

BTW, 350 RWTQ was recorded. 250HP was the number that bothers me. 3 differnt pulls with 70 HP difference based on where he was able to start the pull.

I had the same issue. I had to run it through 2nd gear and he started sampling when it shifted into 3rd. My peak tq was as soon as he started sampling so i'm almost positive i could of made more if i was able to keep the car in 3rd gear.

One guy suggested letting the cable out a little but I was afraid to burn up something.

Did you do this 2nd to 3rd shift at WOT then? How did he time recording, just wait for the shift?

One guy suggested letting the cable out a little but I was afraid to burn up something.

Did you do this 2nd to 3rd shift at WOT then? How did he time recording, just wait for the shift?

Some one suggested to me to unhook the t\v cable also, but i didn't think it would ever shift out of first gear. here is a link to the videos of the runs. he just waited until the shift to start recording.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-video-s-picture-library/268618-went-dyno.html

Some one suggested to me to unhook the t\v cable also, but i didn't think it would ever shift out of first gear. here is a link to the videos of the runs. he just waited until the shift to start recording.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-video-s-picture-library/268618-went-dyno.html
Whoever gave you this advise is a moron. Dont do it. You will need to switch vb'/governor to change the characteristics. You can try a low perfomance governor and it will probably upshift early and have limited kickdown at higher driveshaft speeds. Otherwise there is nothing you can do unless you convert to full manual and i dont rec it.The numbers you get on shifts arent accurate imo. You need to have a smooth power flow on the dyno or the readout is skewed. All testing should be in 3rd.