2 step choices?

GNJAY302

hey guys, i have a turbo400 trans, reverse manual w/brake. i need a 2 step and the only one i find is baileys. is there any other choices or other ways to do this?thx-j

I "think" he was the creator of the 2 step but I'm sure someone will chime in. If you go that route, check out his TR6 module and coil pack setup. Modern coils and lots of adjustability AND 2 step.

If you want to stay with the stock ignition the BB box is the only choice but a really good one. Have one in my car and works flawless. If you have an XFI you can spend some money and change over to Coil on Plug (COP) and get the two step that's built into that system. I will eventually be going in that direction.
AG

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Megasquirt 3/x is a pretty cheap way to upgrade your stock ECM, go to COP, and get 2 step all in one shot. The stuff costs around $600 for everything.

,Dan

I believe the tr6 will work with an xfi and stock ecm and will control cnp coil near plug (ls1type coils). It replaces the stock ign mod

TR6 will work with stock ecm and XFI. I have the TR6 with LS2 coils and just changed from stock ecm to XFI. I have yet to set up the two-step in the TR6 though.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1370355799870.jpg
    1370355799870.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 119
I have a build thread for the MS3/x.

http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/the-official-ms3-x-build-thread.354674/#post-2841115 If the link does not work search "the official MS3 x build thread".

You can also find general discussion on it in "Going Megasquirt"
http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/going-megasquirt.333796/

,Dan
that seems really intresting, i like the setup but ive never heard of that on TR's. how many guys run it? and the biggest question of all- how much did u spend at the end of the day, system and including the CNP setup because right now im running stock igntion. thx -J

I know of about 8 guys right now running it on a turbo buick or turbo buick engine. Like I had posted above I spent about $600 for everything for DIS. I got the coils at the U pull it junkyard off of a 5.3 truck (which has 2 spares in our case) for like $10 and Cal Hartline got me a set of brackets to mount them for another $40. So that would put me at about $650 for a stand alone ECM and COP. I also directly drive my alcohol injection pump from the ECM so I can use the variable injection table, I have a 44PSI MAP sensor in it as well and the ECM also controls my second fuel pump when I am running E85 and as far as E85 goes I have a flex fuel sensor in the car as well for auto fueling and timing correction. These things are very powerful and with a little know how there is nothing that can even get close to it for the price... Just a COP setup cost as much as I have in everything....

,Dan

Hey sorry I am not on here much on my computer mostly just snooping on my phone... If you have any questions just ask on here or the "Going Megasquirt" thread so that if someone is looking they can source it here.

Thanks, Dan

well daniel, from my youtube watching of how to build the ms3-IM SCARED! i dont know jack about computers, especially when it comes to building motherboards. u got any guys i can call, that way i can physically talk to someone who has knowledge. if i keep asking questions on this thread it will take 100 years to get all the info, im sure u can understand that(plus i type slow lol) if ur willing to talk id much appreciate it and if not no biggie, youve been a big help already, thanks again. point me in the right direction to chat with someone PLEASE, megasquirt has no tech dept. thx-J

Ill pm you my phone number. It is true that megasquirt has no tech department but diyautotune.com and the forums for it are more helpful than any other company I have ever bought from.

, Dan