2 questions

87gnttop1

I have a TT chip in my car it's for my setup which is front mount plenum spacer 255 walboro with hotwire arp headbolts 93 octane 42# injectors 21/18 timing and boost is set up at 16-18 my question is can I add a little more boost and be safe if I can do I have to mix my gas with something else

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

A lot of factors would determine what is safe when increasing boost. The basics would be fuel quality, timing, temperature & engine modifications. On pump gas some cars may start to detonate @ 16 and others may (with a perfect tune & conditions) get away with as much as 23 on pump gas only and no blending of fuel. In your case just make sure you have fresh fuel at the correct pressure feeding the injectors and increase the boost a 1/2 pound or so at a time until you start to see NR or A/F problems on whatever scan devices you are using. When you find that point back it down a little and you should be good until something like fuel quality changes.

A lot of factors would determine what is safe when increasing boost. The basics would be fuel quality, timing, temperature & engine modifications. On pump gas some cars may start to detonate @ 16 and others may (with a perfect tune & conditions) get away with as much as 23 on pump gas only and no blending of fuel. In your case just make sure you have fresh fuel at the correct pressure feeding the injectors and increase the boost a 1/2 pound or so at a time until you start to see NR or A/F problems on whatever scan devices you are using. When you find that point back it down a little and you should be good until something like fuel quality changes.
What would be the correct fp on the rail I have a gauge there and a adjustable fpr thanks

I set mine @ 45 with the vacuum line removed.
Ok thanks I'm gonna do that see how it goes the reason why I was asking I was at the dragway yesterday and there was a young kid (like me lol)running 13s on 27psi and alky I told him he should be running better numbers So next week were gonna set up a race at the dragway I think I should be fine at 18psi but just want to be on the safe side

Yes, he has some problems and he may need a ride home after the races.