(2) Fuel Cells, One Race Gas, The Other Pump GAS....?

gtiblklv

I WAS CURIOUS TO KNOW IF IT WAS POSSIBLE TO SET UP A CONFIGURATION TO USE (2) FUEL CELLS IN YOUR TRUNK. ONE FOR RACE GAS AND THE OTHER FOR PUMP GAS. THIS WHILE UTILIZING THE NEW XFI BOX BY SETTING UP ONE PROGRAM TO RUN RACE GAS WITH HIGHER BOOST AND THE OTHER FOR YOUR PUMP GAS (LOWER BOOST).

HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS? IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE? CONSIDERING I WILL BE USING MY CAR PRIMARILY FOR THE STREET I WOULD LIKE THE OPTION OF BEING ABLE TO SWITCH TO RACE GAS WHILE ON THE STREET AND TURN UP THE BOOST AND SWITCH TO THE RACE TUNE SET UP THRU THE XFI BOX. I REALIZE ALKY IS AN OPTION BUT THAT WILL ONLY ALLOW ME TO RUN A FEW EXTRA POUNDS OF BOOST. ANY INSIGHT GUYS WOULD BE GREAT.

Don't know of anyone doing it, but it's definitely possible. Just keep in mind you need to switch the return also, not just the feed. Good Luck.

Yes it can be done. Get yourself a 4 way fuel tank switch from Autozone or one of the other places. The switch must have 4 hose tubes. 1 for the street gas tank a second for it's return. The third is for the 3rd outlet is for the race gas tank and the 4th is for it's return.

The only thing you will need to do is remember to let the fuel pump run a while while switching to the race fuel to purge the lines for race gas.

This is one easy way to do it, as with all things there are more ways to skin a cat but this is the easiest IMOP.

Good Luck

Friend of mine has a similar setup on his GN...he put a small fuel cell in the well for the spare tire...he runs pump gas in the stock tank and race gas in the cell...can switch it on the fly...setup has a junction box just behind the diff...from there it has separate feed/return lines...

I have that set up on my car ,if you E mail me your home address ill photo copy the diagram and part #s i used .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alchy will do the same thing. Lot easier & cheaper!

IF IT WAS THAT SIMPLE I WOULD CERTAINLY DO IT ALONE. I DONT THINK YOU WILL BE ABLE TO RUN 35 LBS. OF BOOST WITH ALKY THO. I COULD BE WRONG THO.... ANYONE WANT TO COMMENT ON THAT....? WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF BOOST THAT CAN BE RUN ON ALKY? I ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS CLOSER TO 25-26 LBS OF BOOST MAX....!

IM NO EXPERT THO, (THAT WOULD BE OTTO) SO ANYONE ELSE WANT TO THRO IN THEIR 2 CENTS....? IT SHOULD BE NOTED MY SET UP IS A STAGE II / STAGE II / SHEET METAL INTAKE / F.A.S.T. ETC.... WITH ALL THE SUPPORTING PARTS.

THANX GUYS.

Run sufficient amount of alky.. 35 PSI is not a problem. I have a customer with a DSM running 45 PSI on 93.

Here's another one of those,
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1114779&forum_id=86

Power numbers can be made, takes tuning.. being methodical.. and paying attention. You'll probably be targeting 25-30% fuel replacement, using the 5 bar sensor, and run probably 2-3 nozzles.

Tom Shay use to make(may still make them) the dual tank conversions for the GN's.

Thanx For Getten Back Julio, Do You Think You Could Supply Me With A Contact Number Or Email Address For Tom Shay? Thanx.

So Basically You Are Saying With Additional Nozzles You Are Able To Pump The Appropriate Amount Of Alky To Achieve The Higher Boost Levels? I Would Be Happy To Run 28 Lbs. Without Grenading. Sounds Good.

gtiblklv said:
So Basically You Are Saying With Additional Nozzles You Are Able To Pump The Appropriate Amount Of Alky To Achieve The Higher Boost Levels? I Would Be Happy To Run 28 Lbs. Without Grenading. Sounds Good.

Piece of Cake. :D

Here's Tom's number,
952-892-5669