2-3 **** Problem

Pace 1989

Have a TTA, and had tranny rebuilt less than 10 months ago. Had it rebuilt because 2-3 shift was slipping, and I was loosing reverse. I took it to a trans shop over an hour away because I know normal trans shops don't know these trannys.
My current problem is the trans seems to be slipping at the 2-3 shift again. I thought it may be the TV cable and tried to adjust, but it doesnt ratchet at all. Pulled it out about 6 clicks, couldnt get the throttle to open fully. So I floored it at the pedal, no adjustment happened. I tried pushing it forward all the way and still no clicking. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ken

TV Cable

The way I do it, I have someone sit in the car and mat the pedal. Then you push in the button and pull the TV back as far as it'll go without pulling the throttle lever back. That should get your tv set right.

As to your slipping problem, it prob won't stop it. It could be many things. Best thing to do is put a gauge on the mainline and check your pressures.

Hope I've been helpful...

As said, set your tv to the proper setting, then run the car on the road with a pressure gauge and note pressures on hard throttle. I assume you are having the flair when you are under hard throttle correct? You may well be having a problem with the pump cavitating under a hard pedal. It is a pretty common thing, but first get the pressure readings to verify this. Keep us posted and we can help, or give us a call (916) 739-0510

thanks for the replies.
what kind of pressures am i looking for, and where?
This is the third rebuild since 96, they keep getting progressively better, but it just stinks to have it go less than a year after one.
yes, the slipping is only noticible when under hard throttle.
thanks again for all the help, im really lost here.

Ken