2 18's in Regal!!!

Dont go for something too "different" when you have decades of pro-audio experience here.. trust me, the G-bod presents several challenges, and like grocerygetter points out, these problems have been solved by very brilliant minds.
It will not be "too different". Just thinking on trying to put a new spin on some old school ideas. Sketoe (grocerygetter) and Todd Crowder aren't too far away. And they are a good set of guys to bounce ideas off of. I do plan on taking Sketoe up on his "open ear" at some point. Been doing MECA shows this year (4th in Modified at finals) along with USACi (6th in Mod Q at finals). Meet some really good guys in the MECA circuit also. I'm looking for folks that will give me a straight answer (not the usual bs of "sounds great") and valid points/ideas/direction. No "super secret" install or an Acoustical Engineering degree to tune it or un-obtainable equipment ($$$$$$$$$ speakers, amps, HU, etc).

@Datant69...WWOOOOOWWWW!!!!! Thank you so much for being a witness to putting 2 18's in a g-body and most importantly, "describing" the level of pressure that you experienced. You HAD to be beatin if your eyes were blurring!!! I tried to tell some of these boo boo's about what I was trying to do for a "Prraaajjjeeccccc..."T" and everybody is just like, "Well no do this but don't do that cause the rule book says you can't have any speakers in the rear and blabber blabber blabber..."

Now Wendy (Ms. Nasty if your Nas...well you get the Janet Jackson reference) was one of the first voices of reason to really break it down...in a sensible and unselfish "But but...but look at mine and how I did! Please say I did good!!!" way about how I could achieve the bass I wanted without going the route of 2 18's. Which I understand, but like I said, I wanted to do this for shock value and to have a bigger cone to move more air and reach deeper depths in my Jill Scott, Earth Wind and Fire, Jamaroqui, Stevie (and no not Nix), Busta Rhymes, Emenim, Scarface, Too $hort, E-40, Bonecrusher, Backbone (of the Dungeon Family), etc.

@Datant69...please start at the begging of this thread and see what I mean!!! You have ssoooooo answered my thread and I would love to finish this but I'll keep it open. But wow, I didn't even think to turn the box upside down?!?! As a mater of fact, The should give me that extra 2-3 inch drop I need for the box to sit flush in the trunk and close. (Go see the pics on the first page)

What's so funny, I rememeber when Power Acoustik came out and everybody went crazy!!! Their big 800 watt gold amp was the thing to get and I remember distinctively a buddy of mine had a (flawless) gold 4-door Caprice with a set of rall wheels and he had a HUUUUUGGEEE box in the back with a set of 15's and HIS box was turned like that. I used to think to myself, "Damn, these dummies will try anything just to have some mu..." QUAD QUAD BOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM QUAAAAADDDD...LOL. A QT gas staion had just been built and he was shaking the ground, windows, gas pumps...I guess it helped also that his door was open and he was pointed toward the brick part of the gas station. Just one of the loudest cars I had ever heard!!!

So there is some truth to that "upside down" method. And what's even better (I guess) is that the subs were pointed toward the thicker part of the trunk...right at the trunk latch housing. But that trunk...smh...big as that trunk was, it couldn't stop the barage of low spread out waves that rippled it on hard bass notes.