2-1 Downshift

Bent6

The Vanilla Gowilla
OK tranny gurus - I don't do tranny work unless installing - breaking - and removing them counts - always farm tranny work out.

I have an issue with my trans not always wanting to shift all the way back down to 1st when coming to a stop - wants to start in 2nd. All I have to do is either pull it down to 1st then go back to D or shift to neutral and back to D. Sometimes it works just fine.

Builder claims the only thing that can cause this is trash in the VB. It SEEMS like letting some of the tension out of the TV cable helps the downshifting but is not where it needs to be as far as WOT shifts go. Any ideas? I hate pulling valve bodies:rolleyes:

If its a 200 then you have too much line pressure at minimum TV. The boost valves and regulator control line pressure not the vb. Try backing off the TV cable one click at a time and see if you can get it to go back to first.

If its a 200 then you have too much line pressure at minimum TV. The boost valves and regulator control line pressure not the vb. Try backing off the TV cable one click at a time and see if you can get it to go back to first.

It is a 200. I've tried backing off the TV cable. It does help but screws up WOT performance.

It is a 200. I've tried backing off the TV cable. It does help but screws up WOT performance.
You should still be able to bottom out the TV even with it backed off a couple clicks. If not the cable may be shot. Ask the builder what size boost valves he used and what pressure regulator spring was used.