1st time @ track, lots of knock:(

I have been running the turbo tweak chips for a while now and have noticed when I install them I go out on a good street and make a pass if it knocks I add some fuel, I always set the timing to 25-26 @ 26-28 psi. If I end up going into the 140's on the chip fuel adjustment I'll go up on the regulator and come back down on the chip. It seams to work out well for me 02's are 790-800
1600 EGT's. This is with Alky & Pump. Race gas I tune a less on the fuel.

Also cabech984 I would put you're stock TB & Plenum back on your not ready for that big 70mm yet. It could be hurting you. I ran 10.90's with the stock set up. :) Hope this helps

Also cabech984 I would put you're stock TB & Plenum back on your not ready for that big 70mm yet. It could be hurting you. I ran 10.90's with the stock set up. :) Hope this helps

I would but, I dont exactly have one. I bought it w/ the engine. Looks like its gonna rain all night, maybe I'll try to get it right tomorrow!!

I just thought of something. If I switched chips (I had to swap 93 Street Chips) would I need to set fuel pressure again? I didnt and am going to check it before I do anything.

I am not sure I understand.....

You don't have to reset your FP unless your new chip calls for a different FP than the one you had before...

It will take some time for the chip to "learn" your car. Also, anytime you remove power to the ECM, you WILL loose your adjustable settings in the chip..... they will go back to whatever the default value is. When power is restored.... you will need to go change whatever settings you customize.... and let the chip "learn" your car again. This usually only takes 15 min or so in normal driving.

HTH

Could my intercooler be causing some problem w/ this? Its a 100% stock GN intercooler. I dont have a shroud on it(yet). I plan to make a shroud and do a duttweiler neck soon. The air temp was 110-130 at the filter during the run. Cruising temps are usually around 85-90 degrees. I changed the fuel pressure to 44 psi w/ the vacuum line off. I am also going to install a torque strap to crutch my bad mount.

Upped the Fuel PSI to 45, added fuel to the chip(140 bl). My o2's are around 780 now @ wot w/ 3-5 degrees of knock retard. I turned the boost down to 14 psi too. I need to hurry up and fab up an intercooler scoop. I think that could also be causing some kr. I did add a torque strap, seemed to help alot.

Upped the Fuel PSI to 45, added fuel to the chip(140 bl). My o2's are around 780 now @ wot w/ 3-5 degrees of knock retard. I turned the boost down to 14 psi too. I need to hurry up and fab up an intercooler scoop. I think that could also be causing some kr. I did add a torque strap, seemed to help alot.

14psi with 3-5 Degrees of Knock :eek:
What type of chip?
What type of gas?
How much timing is in that chip?

What are you seeing on the scanmaster at Idle?

14psi with 3-5 Degrees of Knock :eek:
What type of chip?
What type of gas?
How much timing is in that chip?

What are you seeing on the scanmaster at Idle?

I know!! Its killing me!
Its a TT 93 Street chip, 93 octane(BP or Shell) The chip is a 18/20 degree chip.

I'll get back w/ you on what I see @ idle on the scanmaster.

Here is what I got after a 10 mile drive:

O2 773mV
AF 06
L8 36
bat 13.5
int 128
bL 135
clt 173
ats 106
rpm 950(has been around 800 until today??)
tps .42
IAC 26

Vacuum 19"
23-25 oil psi
45 psi fuel pressure
in between 1/4 & 1/2 of 93 octane

Since you put the chip in how many times have started the car? Eric's chips take a couple of starts until there out of open loop. See if you're 02 is going bad it would be reading low like at 200-300 range and sticking. During idle it should be at around 430-560's. The O2 is what tell the ECU what to do. If it's bad that could be the reason why your seeing knock. I'm not saying that this is going to fix your problem but if you can't remember the last time you changed now would be a good time A/C is $43 Denso is like $25. I run A/C.

Then bring your fuel psi back down to 43psi and start at the default of the chip. ;)

Im running a Bosch O2. I put it in after I broke in the engine. I have had the chip in the ECM since last tuesday. Drove the car almost all weekend, down the track, plenty of time IMO to learn. The o2's dont seem to cycle much unless @ cruising speed. Oh yeah, thanks for your help!!

cabeck984,you must tune to get rid of the knock,02's may or maynot be accurate.if you have 800's on the narrowband and 5 degree's of knock on the big end you need octane just as pacecarta suggested.your motormounts being worn need to be replaced also to fully eliminate knock while accelerating.replace the mounts, add octane,=no knock.good luck!

Ive added a torque strap, to crutch the bad apssenger side mount. I adjusted the fuel to 45psi and 140(9% more fuel) on the scanmaster. Would having no scoop on my intercooler cause some issue?? I dont have one and I need to make one.

Put an AC Delco GNX sensor in there(purple wire) and get a dutt neck IC.That stock IC is really killin you IMO

And you can add a couple of gallons xylene for octane.

cabeck984,you must tune to get rid of the knock,02's may or maynot be accurate.if you have 800's on the narrowband and 5 degree's of knock on the big end you need octane just as pacecarta suggested.your motormounts being worn need to be replaced also to fully eliminate knock while accelerating.replace the mounts, add octane,=no knock.good luck!

Mr.Spool He's running 14psi of boost. He shouldn't see any knock. You could run 15 psi on 91 pump and not see any knock. There's something else here. I'm thinking still O2 sensor. Just because it's new doesn't mean it's not bad. Also the torque strap is not going to solve the knock issue or help for that matter.

in an earlier post he said his 02 was 700ish at idle. shouldnt they bounce or cycle between 0-800-0 when not in throttle. During a WOT blast or at least part throttle doesnt the chip tell the ecm to let the 02 dictate fueling in open loop or is it closed loop i dont remember as i am new at this stuff still. If the scanmaster reads a constant 700ish at idle then i beleive that the 02 is bad.

Im going to swap O2 sensors and see whats up. I have a bosch in the car and an extra bosch. I'll probably pick up a GM Sensor @ work. Anybody got a part number??

Im going to swap O2 sensors and see whats up. I have a bosch in the car and an extra bosch. I'll probably pick up a GM Sensor @ work. Anybody got a part number??

ACD#AFS-22
GM#25162753

I get about 5-6 hard 1/4 passes running C-16 then I throw them away.