1st time @ track, lots of knock:(

Well, I added 5 gallons of 110 Leaded Torco race fuel to me tank, and got zero knock, I had my boost controller turned all the way down and seemed to boost 14.5psi. Oh well, zero knock!!! I mixed the 110 w/ 1/4 tank or 93. Im gonna fill up the tank the rest of the way tomorrow w/ 93 and see what happens w/ the knock. Im hoping that 10 gallons of 93 + five gallons of 110 = zero knock. I can afford that but at 6.15 a gallon I dont think I'll be using this gas much!!! Thanks for all the help, should have put the 110 gas in it 1st!!

Well, I added 5 gallons of 110 Leaded Torco race fuel to me tank, and got zero knock, I had my boost controller turned all the way down and seemed to boost 14.5psi. Oh well, zero knock!!! I mixed the 110 w/ 1/4 tank or 93. Im gonna fill up the tank the rest of the way tomorrow w/ 93 and see what happens w/ the knock. Im hoping that 10 gallons of 93 + five gallons of 110 = zero knock. I can afford that but at 6.15 a gallon I dont think I'll be using this gas much!!! Thanks for all the help, should have put the 110 gas in it 1st!!

That's great! You still need to figure out why your getting knock at 14psi with 93 pump. That just doesn't make sense. What your seeing on the boost gauge has got to be wrong. :confused:

I have the boost gauge hooked directly up to the vacuum block(in place of the EGR) Would this be an unideal spot to place it? I had my boost controller turned all the way down. Seemed to be @ 14.5psi. I didnt check for vacuum leaks yet though.

I just found an exhaust leak @ the 3 bolt turbo flange. I need to get that fixed. Also found out that my transmission shifts @ 5000-5100 rpm. Is that high enough?

I have the boost gauge hooked directly up to the vacuum block(in place of the EGR) Would this be an unideal spot to place it? I had my boost controller turned all the way down. Seemed to be @ 14.5psi. I didnt check for vacuum leaks yet though.

I just found an exhaust leak @ the 3 bolt turbo flange. I need to get that fixed. Also found out that my transmission shifts @ 5000-5100 rpm. Is that high enough?

Fixing the flange leak will help the turbo spool quicker. ;)

You still need to figure out why your getting knock at 14psi with 93 pump.
This is the first thing that needs to be done. You should be able to run 17 lbs with no knock. The fact that the high octain gasoline stoped the knock makes me tend to believe that the knock is real. If the knock hadn't gone away I would assume the knock was false and would have advised you to check the tightness of your knock sensor. It should be torqued to 14 ft/lbs. Too tight equals too sensative. Since your knock seems to be real I would first look at the injector harness. The wires going to the #1 injector pass over the EGR and are exposed to extra high temps. This causes the #1 injector to stay on which causes the #1 cylinder to be rich. The o2 sensor sees this richness and,since it doesn't know which cylinder is rich,cuts back fuel to all cylinders. You end up with 5 lean cylinders and one that is still rich. If this were happening you would notice that the #1 spark plug was darker than the rest. If sever enough you would notice aluminum particles on the plugs from the lean cylinders. You didn't mention noticing this so I tend to think this is not your problem but it's the first thing I would look at and I thought it worth mentioning. The bottom line is that you are seeing knock when you shouldn't be. Adding octain or alcohol doesn't fix the problem. Your #1 priority is to find out why it's knocking at such low boost levels. Good luck.

I need to find the knock retard monster!! I dont run an EGR, just a block off plate. I dont know about the previous combo b/c I didnt own the engine. I'll still check the knock sensor torque, I know I didnt put it in @ 14lbs. Plugs(all 6) looked the same, tips free of any residue, dry, brownish-red.

Well, I found out that the wastegate has an 18-20 psi spring in it. Does this mean that it will always boost 18-20 psi no matter what the gauge reads?

No..

Well, I found out that the wastegate has an 18-20 psi spring in it. Does this mean that it will always boost 18-20 psi no matter what the gauge reads?

It means that the minimum boost will be 18#. If the gauge and gate are working correctly, the gauge should not read less than 18, but should also read any boost over the minimum.