1st time a walk

motroman

Now, first of all, I don't like street racing in any of my cars. It's too dangerous and, here in the Bay Area, I can go to jail and my car in inpound for 30 days. I don't even want to think what would happen to my GN while at inpound.

Anyway, my wife and I are on our way home from the Sacto. Drags Grudge Night when a late model Mustang GT with Bassani exhaust and who knows what else pulls up next to us. He sounded pretty healthy. We're cruising Alemany blvd. and the Stang driver and two passengers are revving us and thowing all kinds of attitude while cruising.

Well, we hit a red at Silver Ave. and I tell my wife I think these guys need a lesson. I've never raced the GN before in the 3 weeks since I bought it. I knew it was quick, but I had no way to measure it. Till tonight.

I spooled up 5lbs on the boost, and heard the Stang rev. up waiting for the green.

When the green hit, we both punched it and for about 1 second we were even, then I was up 2 car length's by 45 and lengthening my lead.

He quickly fell back and would not come up next to me till the next light. When he did, I rolled down the passenger window and gave him the GN mantra,.."It's not good to fool with a GN!",. even a bone stock one like mine.

I love this car.

It's quicker than my Camaro, but ulitmately probably dead even or a little slower through the quarter. My best time in the Z28 was 13.3/104.

And, even though I have more HP&TQ. in the Vette, I've never raced the Vette because, well, anything 40 years old can easily break.

Congratulations on the kill,

I'm always amazed at how healthy a Mustang can sound, yet still have a TR walk away from it.

I haven't floored my car yet since being back and the urge is killing me. But I'm gonna wait until get a few mods and tune at the track.

Run the GN at the track... see what times it'll do!

I want to do at least one night at the track. Just to get some times. But, I need to get some minor stuff solved on the car before I hit the tree.

Originally posted by gn85
I'm always amazed at how healthy a Mustang can sound, yet still have a TR walk away from it.

Maybe the exhaust valves are opening too soon letting a lot of the sound (and unburned fuel) out too soon. :confused:

just think you can even spank your own vette without even going into the engine with bolt ons. these cars are great!

I can spank the Vette with my Subaru:)

My Vette is great up to about 80 and then things get very scary.

If you've never driven a car at high speed with a 40 year old design for the suspension, brakes, and steering, you have no idea how scary it can get.

I'm dealing with worm and roller steering, 1965 disc/drum brakes, and relatively skinny radials on knock off rims.