1st Gear Fueling Adjustment

Mr86t-type

Guys,

Only thing left that I can't quite figure out, and I'm pretty sure it'll help my 60' and overall ET is 1st Gear Fueling adustment with the TurboTweak Chip, I have my Overall Fueling (with 60# Injectors) set to 138, which is +7.8%. Now when I go to #2 (1st gear fueling) do I start FRESH fom 128 nd go to 133 (ie if I want only +3.9% say) do I simply use 133?? O do I somehow SUBTRACT from the 138 Overall????

Thanks!

Setting #1, WOT Fuel, adjusts fuel for all gears (including 1st). Setting #2 only affects 1st gear. So if you want to make 1st gear leaner, then you would reduce setting #2. Setting #2 is completely independant of #1.

Eric

Oh, so when I see 128 at setting 2 (setting 1 being 138) then that 128 is Actually the 138 (Overall), so by Subtracting, going to say 123, I'm actally pulling from the 138 number (subtracting % from)??

AhHa, Cool...thats what I'll Do! Thanks, and BTW on the Idle at 650rpm you set for my 60's..it's 100% PERFECT!! Smooth as silk!! So I'll send you back the 800idle chip...And I'll see if I have any other Blanks for Ya!!

Take care!!

i posted on the magna forum but it should be here as well

setting #1 adjusts WOT fuel (all gears)
if your first gear fueling is fine at base settings (#1 and #2 setting at 128 ) then adding wot fuel will richen all over including 1st gear , so you need to subtract from setting #2 as much as you added to #1 just to be back at base

safe way is add #1 fuel as you slowly bring up boost to your desired level untill your top end fuel is happy , once the top end is sorted out work on the 60', back out # 2 setting seeing how it affects your 60'

start rich and see waht the car likes as you lean it out

in johns case i had set at 145 wot (+14.5% above base since chip was burned for 17psi and he was running 24psi , and im sure eric never meant this chip to go 11.0 with a 3600lb car ) and 112 1st gear (only .85% above base setting as eric meant it to be )