1990 300zx twin turbo, built motor. (trade for turbo buick)

stephen p

burrick owner
first, let me start by saying the car HAS NOT been wrecked. the multi colored panels are on, because the previous owner was about to get the car painted, and the original fenders and hood had some dings. and the guy had a parts car with straight sheet metal.

any way, the car is a 1990, it started off life as a non-turbo. the engine and trans were ordered, from a jdm engine importer, and it was built from there.

engine: vg30dett, eagle h-beam rods, j&e forged pistons, total seal file fit rings, arp head studs, cometic mls head gaskets, light porting on heads and lower intake.

fuel system: rc engineering 770cc injectors, aeromotive FPR, walbro 255lph.

engine management:stock TT ecu, with greddy e-manage blue, greddy profec-e boost controller (also monitors air fuel, boost pressure, rpm, and allows you to tune the e-manage) aem wide band o2, autometer pyrometer, autometer boost gauge

ported exhaust manifolds, GT28 turbos, megan racing divorced down pipes. front mount intercooler, tig welded charge pipes.

also has koyo aluminum radiator

trans is the stock twin turbo 5spd, with redline oil, and a spec stage III 6 puck clutch

the body has 175k miles, all of the parts, and the build have around 7k miles.

now, for the bad... the tune is a little rough. it has a very safe, conservative tune, there is probably a little bit left on the table power wise, and it could use some fine tuning as far as driveability goes. but the car is driven every day..

also, it might have a bad waste gate actuator, because it only will make around 15 psi, and it should be able to go to around 25+ with these turbos.. (they also were new, at time of build) i have not had a chance to check into it, but the car SCREAMS on 15 psi.

(there's a video at the bottom of me racing a '04 c5 corvette, from a 60 roll.)

pretty much with a tune, and some paint, this would be a top notch car.

car is located in jackson, MS. i'm wanting a 86-87 turbo buick. i'm interested in a straight trade, as i have no money to put on top.

i don't want to sell outright, but if i need to post a cash price, it would be around 7k. there as far more spent on the parts alone, without even mentioning the labor, or the rest of the rest of the car..

front-1.jpg

rear-1.jpg

rightside.jpg

gauges.jpg

profec.jpg

engine.jpg

seat.jpg

seat2.jpg

dash.jpg

side-1.jpg