1989 Turbo Trans Am festival car w/ 17k miles!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
After MUCH debating and personal termoil I'm changing gears with cars and have decided to sell my festival TTA; 1 of 187 produced. This TTA was #14 made and #142 on the track at the 1989 Indy 500; still has the green grease pencil number under the license plate. It's a true festival car and has all documentation to prove it. In case your not aware, all festival cars have t-tops with a special camel color cloth interior. This car still rides on the original Goodyear Gatorback tires with near mint wheels; tires are not dry rotted if you can believe it. The body is 100% rust/dent free. The paint is glossy, highly waxed, and near perfect with VERY few and minor blems; namely small chips from being driven 17k miles. The motor has only 688 miles since freshened; I pulled the motor apart last winter and replaced all wearable items with new and better quality parts for longevity and peace of mind sake. The glass t-tops are scratch free and still have the rare shades. Also rare and included are the GM t-top bags. The under body is rust and damage free and still shows the factory applied undercoating. The seats have been covered since day #1 and are perfect; nothing else to say here. The car rides and drives like new! This TTA has taken second place twice at the Kansas City World of Wheels car show and has placed in the top 3 at Bowling green in the past. I have taken care of this car like it was my child and it has always been stored in a garage or my enclosed/insulated car trailer. I can honestly say that since I've owned this car it's only been caught in the rain a few times due to poor weatherman predictions. I just replaced the rear gears with OE 3.27's and had the bearings replaced as well. For those that do not know, just about all TTA's have, or will eventually have rear bearings that start to whine...nature of the Australian beast. The rear wing just started to crack; ever so small I might add, but not perfect like I prefer. Included in this deal is a new and painted fiberglass rear wing which may be installed in the near future if I can find the time.
Here is a breakdown of the car. Make not, unless otherwise stated below, consider it to be original equiptment; all parts that are NOT original will be included in a box. This is how this TTA will be sold:

200-200 Lunati cam and lifters
Ported/Polished TTA heads (flow better then Champions...have flow sheet)
Ported lower intake (this is the original, no extra included)
Best coated bearings on the market
ARP head bolts
ARP main studs
ARP wavelock rod bolts
Cometic stacked steel shim head gaskets
Terry Houston 3" stainless steel downpipe w/ extra bung for WB O2
ATR 2.5" crossover pipe
Precision turbo TA49 w/ .63 A/R exhaust housing
Magnaflow crossflow muffler (original rusted from storage)
Spohn tubular adjustable torque arm w/ driveshaft loop
Spohn panhard bar
2 airbags
Carbon/metalic brake pads
Hurst line lock
Walbro 340m fuel pump
Racetronix fuel pump hot wire kit
140 amp alternator
160* thermostat
New GM water pump
K&N valve cover breathers
New Car Motorsports hood blanket with 20th anniversary logo
New Car Motorsports front and rear floor mats with 20th logo (still in box)
New John's Performance overflow blanket
AC still blows cold with the original R12 freon
OE TTA intercooler has the Duttweiler modified neck
Chrome turbo shield
Chrome MAF pipe w/ new 9" K&N filter
B&M stacked plate tranny cooler (BIG)
High speed fan realy over ride switch
TCC lock-up switch
3 gauge A piller holder w/out gauges
Original TTA piston have Total seal plasma/molly gapless rings
Subframe connectors to prevent stress cracks and to stiffen the body
Extra set of rear TTA wheels with MT drag radials (245/50/16)

I have MANY magazine articles specific to the TTA, a picture of the car on the track at the 1989 Indy 500, window sticker from PHS, key fob, PAS documentation, and a litograph of the car painted by Bob Harbort. I'm sure I'm missing something and will add those items as I remember them. Asking price for this car is $18,00.000 obo. I can deliver the car up to 500 miles from zip code 66071 depending on the deal that's negotiated. This car is solid and ready for whatever. based off of what the 10th anniversary cars are doing price wise, the 20th cars are bound to jump significantly in value in the near future....my loss...your gain! Please no trades, tire kickers, or test pilots....serious buyers only. I will be taking updated pics soon, right now I only have pics from the World of Wheels car show in March 2006 and the car shows better then those pics now!

Wow, sounds like someone is going to get themselves a nice car. Wish is it was me! TTT for ya.

FlyinGN said:
wow Joe Im shocked.... Everything okay man?? Ya looking at something else??

Yes, everything is fine cus. I picked up a sweet 87 T with light blue metalic paint and navy interior...I've decided to keep this car and go fast again. The TTA is just too nice to beat up on at the track, so I decided to change back to the TR's again. Pass the word on.

I failed to mention in my original ad that I have just about everything a person would need to put this car back to factory stock as it rolled off the assembly line.

FYI, I do not have the original owners kit or jacket...what I do have is most of a welcome packet.

Damn, that was quick! Glad to see you back in a Regal buddy!!! :biggrin:

Yup...the new owner got himself a great car....had this deal gone threw a few weeks earlier I would have bought my old GN back. Now I'm starting from scratch on this new car.

Thats to bad...Good to hear you're still in a LC2 powered car. Would the new owner mind if you told us who bought it??

Jason

New owner

Thats me. This car is stunning! I will post pics of it later. For the record....Joe has been the most honest person I have delt with in a long time.Straight shooter Joe should be his new name :)

Bo

Thanks for the kind words Bo. Now that you mention it, I might still have the original IC scoop laying around the garage somewhere...I'll look for it and the other parts we spoke about when I get home from Philly. I know I used the OE scoop as a template when I made the aluminum one that's on the car now. The OE scoop somehow became detached and was dragging on the road...that's why I removed it. So far the list is:

rear hatch cover
turbo elbow
scoop
Anything else??

you coming to Philly? All right, whos getting married??? :) Walter or Alysisha?

turbov6joe said:
Thanks for the kind words Bo. Now that you mention it, I might still have the original IC scoop laying around the garage somewhere...I'll look for it and the other parts we spoke about when I get home from Philly. I know I used the OE scoop as a template when I made the aluminum one that's on the car now. The OE scoop somehow became detached and was dragging on the road...that's why I removed it. So far the list is:

rear hatch cover
turbo elbow
scoop
Anything else??

TT/Ameasap said:
Thats me. This car is stunning! I will post pics of it later. For the record....Joe has been the most honest person I have delt with in a long time.Straight shooter Joe should be his new name :)

Bo

Hey Bo, I forgot to wish you a happy birthday on the 21st...

Happy Birthday buddy!

PS, i sold that TTA to Joe a few years back..

Email me anytime

BW

Happy birthday!!!

Bryan,
Back at ya bud!

I recieved the car the 23rd on our 6yr anniversary....My wife has been pretty cool about it. She likes these cars , but wont show it :tongue:
I cant bring myself to race this particular car. Shows and garage queen it is!!

Looking for another TTA with cage or ?..............Damn, I need another garage! :mad: ;)

Joe,
I really cant think of anything else as I am remodling my house and havent had too much time to spend on the car. Sounds good though.

Thanks again
Bo

FlyinGN said:
you coming to Philly? All right, whos getting married??? :) Walter or Alysisha?

Walter took the plunge last night...another one down. I'm still recovering from the reception...small group, but a good time. The 7&7 was flowing like water and now I'm attempting to bring myself up to speed. You know when your getting old when it takes 2-3 days to recover from a hard night out.
Too bad I don't have time to get together with ya...this is a fast in fast out weekend...maybe next time.