1987 regal rear aluminum 8.5 brake drums

michael evans

I took the rear drums to have them turned only to find out they are at the maximum now. By the time I get them flat they will be way out.

Where can I either get new drums or have these relined ?

I have a set ready to bolt on they are well within spec and in good shape. 100.00 plus 25.0p to ship or pick them up in pa 17329

What do they measure ? Is that a total of $125.00 can't drive there for that.

I believe he clearly stated they can be turned and that you can pick them up locally for $100, or he will ship them to you for $125.

I will commit to being second in line for this deal.

Thank you.

Stepping in line if it gets to me. I'm in Canada and will pay the extra shipping costs.

You can buy them new at any A1 Cardone dealer. We just got a set through advanced auto parts but you have to talk to there comercial account people cause the guys behind the counter have no clue

You can buy them new at any A1 Cardone dealer. We just got a set through advanced auto parts but you have to talk to there comercial account people cause the guys behind the counter have no clue
I sure hope they are not undercutting Kirban. He was the main reason this product came to market and I would hope our members support him. He's a supporting vendor and without guys like him we wouldn't get new parts for our cars like this. He lobbied hard for this product and worked quite a while with cardone to get it done.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

If Cardone is now under cutting the price they charge to other vendors other than Kirban for aluminum drums, it isn't your fault.

I feel we should all buy from supporting board vendors, but you have no reason to feel badly if you can purchase them for less elsewhere.

That's a fight that Kirban needs to initiate with Cardone, it has nothing to do with the end user.

kirban 2 cents worth

Concerning the brake drums the idea was mine and I supplied Cardone with the masters. They in turn gave me a 6 or 8 month exclusive. I have zero dollars invested in the project. They are currently working on another project for me.

I am one of the few mail order companies that has a direct account with Cardone. There is less than a handful of classic car mail order companies that have a direct account with Cardone. Try getting a brake bowl or a powermaster from Advance Auto. You have to gamble your powermaster unit if they offer it at all. If yours can't be rebuilt it is returned as all the cores at Cardone belong to me. Cardone has zero pm cores. They treat me extremely well.

Getting them made was not easy think about they fit all the A and F body cars if it was easy one of the other major companies would have done way before Cardone did.

I pay the same price Advance does. I have my prices set so I can wholesale it to other companies and if they buy a certain quantity that get free freight.

If your pinching pennies you got Walmart and Amazon going head to head at that game. We do an Open House and you can pick up a pair at a good price.

As far as being pricey until you get something reproduced you have no idea what is involved in making a product. I been at this a looong time.....years before the Turbo Regal was produced.

One of the first GTO projects I did was the GTO tailpipe splitters for the 1964-65 GTO....just the tooling for the part of the splitters that is under the car out of sight was ten grand.......in 1978 dollars....this is way before GTOs were bringing big money.

Here is another example....the 1964-67 GTO and Chevelle little plastic brake handle....that tooling again in the USA set me back 5 grand before I saw the very first part. You gotta sell a lot of brake handles at $10 each to recoup 5 grand.....I could go on and on but you get the picture. By the way the aluminum drums are top notch.

We were the first to do the Pontiac Ralley I wheels and the 1970 Mopar ralley wheels....all in the USA.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

If Cardone is now under cutting the price they charge to other vendors other than Kirban for aluminum drums, it isn't your fault.

I feel we should all buy from supporting board vendors, but you have no reason to feel badly if you can purchase them for less elsewhere.

That's a fight that Kirban needs to initiate with Cardone, it has nothing to do with the end user.

I was wondering about "gn4u2c" as to see if he could send me information.

Just came across this. Yes advanced auto parts can get them. I got them for ruthless racing to put on my car. Ruthless racing also when I broke down last summer driving to a car show drove an hour away to get me running on the side of the road. When someone is fixing your car with you an your spending over 10 grand on your car an you can save a buck here or there who isn't going to do it. I can say that the Walmart to Amazon price difference to penny pinch wasnt the case. If you think saving more than 30 dollars on a set of drums is penny pinching well.... then I penny pinched over 30 dollars to use on my car somewhere else.

Just came across this. Yes advanced auto parts can get them. I got them for ruthless racing to put on my car. Ruthless racing also when I broke down last summer driving to a car show drove an hour away to get me running on the side of the road. When someone is fixing your car with you an your spending over 10 grand on your car an you can save a buck here or there who isn't going to do it. I can say that the Walmart to Amazon price difference to penny pinch wasnt the case. If you think saving more than 30 dollars on a set of drums is penny pinching well.... then I penny pinched over 30 dollars to use on my car somewhere else.

No offense, but, it's like achalmersman said without Mr. Kirban we wouldn't even have this product (it and a whole bunch more). And if he is to continue the fight (on our behalf), then how can he possibly do so without our support?

Listen, I'm not trying to flame you, or anything of the sort! It is just that there weren't that many of these cars made to begin with. And most of them are really starting to show their age nowadays. So we (as a community of Turbo Buick owners) will need to band together and support those who support us. In that, without Mr. Kirban (and others like him), there would be no aluminum rear drums, or X,Y,Z parts to put on em.

And again not flaming you at all! Just trying to explain why it is so important that we show our support for these guys! Because in the end we all need each other! And I'm not downing you for buying elsewhere, it's just that Mr. Kirban is an advocate for the cars that we all know and love so much. So doesn't it just make good sense to spend money with those who are spending their money to make our cars better?

Again no offense intended, however, Mr. Kirban (and most all of our supporting vendors) deserve our respect and patronage! Having said that, it looks like this was your first post. And not being ugly, however, I'd strongly suggest that you research the vendors (vendor feedback forum) before you spend your money! In that, I think you will find that Mr. Kirban is one of the best vendors / forum supporters that we have?

No hard feelings, just trying to explain our plight here is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buy stuff off of mr. kirban I don't think mr. Kirban is going to mind if I buy a set of drums an save a few bucks. If he does oh well. I am not going to get in a back an forth argument on here. Mr. kirban stated he had no money involvement in this an had an exclusive for 6-8 months for giving up a couple masters an some phone calls. I think that's a pretty good deal from a1 cardone. I mean no disrespect to mr. Kirban or any other vendor when I say this but yes they like these cars but there in the business to make money everyone is that's the world we live in today an if you wanna flame someone that's trying to save a few bucks. I can take it it's fine. If you go on cardones website for distributors for the aluminum drums there's about 15 different businesses that are listed go look an see who the 15 are. Advanced auto is one of them an see who is not. That's how I found them I heard they where out see advanced auto as a distributor I know people at advanced auto an I got a set big deal. I am very thankful what mr. Kirban has done he was probably doing stuff for these cars when I was shitting in my diapers. That doesn't mean I have to buy every part I need for him

I buy stuff off of mr. kirban I don't think mr. Kirban is going to mind if I buy a set of drums an save a few bucks. If he does oh well. I am not going to get in a back an forth argument on here. Mr. kirban stated he had no money involvement in this an had an exclusive for 6-8 months for giving up a couple masters an some phone calls. I think that's a pretty good deal from a1 cardone. I mean no disrespect to mr. Kirban or any other vendor when I say this but yes they like these cars but there in the business to make money everyone is that's the world we live in today an if you wanna flame someone that's trying to save a few bucks. I can take it it's fine. If you go on cardones website for distributors for the aluminum drums there's about 15 different businesses that are listed go look an see who the 15 are. Advanced auto is one of them an see who is not. That's how I found them I heard they where out see advanced auto as a distributor I know people at advanced auto an I got a set big deal. I am very thankful what mr. Kirban has done he was probably doing stuff for these cars when I was shitting in my diapers. That doesn't mean I have to buy every part I need for him

Yep sorry not my intent! However, I can see how it seemed that way. So my apologies! Not trying to be a Richard Edward (bulbous head)!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to apologize no offense taken here bud. I am not politically correct I say how I feel an what I know. If Dennis kirban was on here I would say the same to him. I don't agree with the comment he made about penny pinching. If someone can do some digging an I am very good at it an find parts cheaper or quicker there going to do it. The penny pinching comment hit home with me that's like assuming everyone who has a gn has a lot of money so who cares if my parts are better quality or more expensive buy from me. Well not everyone on here is rich an we buy an build our cars buy what each of us can afford.