1987 pro-touring grand national, from the ground up

Like I said...I have spoke with Dave on the phone and we have compared builds. Mine is a straight line/ drag car type build and his is all about handling and stability. Both will be able win indoor car shows, that's a def thing we will have in common. I have not gotten to my body and paint yet. Gonna work the bugs out of the drivetrain and put a tune on it before its taken apart for finish detail. This car will beat me to finish by a year min.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Hi coach,
I do agree he is the artist of an TR, love his work and his imagination. Once he finalize the finish his car it should be on front cover of GM High-Tech Performance magazine and among others as well.
Do we all have to wait until the finish product of your car or can you post some pictures in the progressive stages?

Hi coach,
I do agree he is the artist of an TR, love his work and his imagination. Once he finalize the finish his car it should be on front cover of GM High-Tech Performance magazine and among others as well.
Do we all have to wait until the finish product of your car or can you post some pictures in the progressive stages?
My build is in the Members Rides section. It's titled...Finally...Coachs new build.
It's got prob 100 or so pics in it already.

hello; Off the subject but to Coach I see your special thanks to people on everyone of your posts but don't you think it's taking up a lot of space? If it was me I'd put it somewhere for people to go to and see but on every post is a lot. No offence.
IBBY
keep up the good work.
My car is still not out yet.

hello; Off the subject but to Coach I see your special thanks to people on everyone of your posts but don't you think it's taking up a lot of space? If it was me I'd put it somewhere for people to go to and see but on every post is a lot. No offence.
IBBY
keep up the good work.
My car is still not out yet.
Its my sig. No different then having all my engine parts listed like 1000's of others here do. Its not an add on like a vid or banner.

Awesome build Dave, but then again, you already know that :D I saw it at the shop after it came out of the paint shop the first time :) Needless to say, I spent most of the time under the car scoping out all of the work that was done. It has got me thinking or rethinking. Took me two days to read this thread and it was worth it. First class all the way.

Thanks everyone. Yeah, the first time out of the paint shop was.... disappointing. Its hard to see all the work on the car without looking under it lol.

Good way to built a beast is the motor an driveline to handle it all First,(Basically everything matched for HP output)

Then the Suspension either road race,drag,or mix of both (but don't expect the best of either or mixing) ,

An last the Paint an Body... (Good Luck on this part!).

Trying to get it all back together ,running, looking ,feeling the way You want it = Priceless now-a-days!!!

;^)

Keep-up good works..Dave..we've both been through a lot more then we should of building a Simple Buick,,heh

Yeah, bit sobering when you look back and think that you could have been driving a GTR or an R8 for the last two years for the same money lol. But then they would been drive able with a warranty, and who wants that?!

Ya but if you beat someone while driving an R8 or GTR it's like oh well it's expected. But when you beat someone in an R8 or GTR while driving a grandma's Buick, it's priceless.

Yeah, bit sobering when you look back and think that you could have been driving a GTR or an R8 for the last two years for the same money lol. But then they would been drive able with a warranty, and who wants that?!
were you get the ideal of the drip rail and door handles.

The door handles, drip rails, door bumpers, antenna, bumperettes and emblems all stuck out like warts on a hot girl so they all needed to go
Hahaha...well Compound W is a whole lot cheaper and easier then the route you took!!!

Second preview of the spoiler, will change the angle of the notch a bit and round the corners slightly but this is getting close to the final look
IMG_0681.JPG

Hi Dave, Are you going to leave the center open or are you going to fill a little of the center to climb up to the wings, something similar to the picture of the zr1 you have shown for comparison?

And we have color! Car was in the booth being cleared today. Sorry for the bad pictures but it was taken through the windows of the paint booth. Doors and trunk lid are done and look great, couldn't get a picture of the doors with the handles because of where they were but they look factory.

They need to sand the clear, apply a second coat and buff. The thinking is this weekend it will be back in one piece!

IMG_0715_zps3783d053.jpg

IMG_0714_zpsde002897.jpg

IMG_0716_zps9277e75f.jpg

Looks good Dave, now can't wait to see the final completion and the outcome of the rear spoiler.