1987 pro-touring grand national, from the ground up

Not sure and havent used it, ask scot atk on this board, he turned me on to it. But the RJC is hard to adjust and looks like someone cobbled it together at home depot. This one is nice and very easily adjustable with little clicks

hello people; I've been following this top of the line build and I just laughed to myself when I remembered someone said there was a finance problem with it. It's got to be one of the best and it's not even done yet.
Your getting closer all the time.
IBBY

The GTO seats look great. Do you sit higher in them than the original buckets?
Also, Where you able to retain the GTO power tracks?

Small update but one I'm excited about. Spoiler is very roughed in, carved with closed cell foam with aviation foam poured over it, curing now but a rough idea of the end result. Picture of a zr1 for comparison

zr1_zps9a430bc2.jpg

IMG_0676_zps4f3c116f.jpg

IMG_0675-1_zps2eee75db.jpg

IMG_0674-1_zps1ef1821a.jpg

Is it going to be 1 pc. at the ends, or split for the trunk opening?
Also, 3rd brake light in the center ??

After it hardens and is smoothed a bit it will be cut at the ends and remain as 3 pieces like the stock spoiler. No 3rd brake light, already have one in the rear window (actually considering deleting even that)

Not as dramatic, will only be an inch or so higher on the new parts, the center that shows will actually be the stock wing

Hi dsapper, That is interesting shape of the rear spoiler, can't wait to see the final outlook.
I had my add-on rear spoiler since about the same time I had my TR which was about 24yrs ago.

Attachments

• 87 GN 074.jpg
    87 GN 074.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 415
  • 87 GN 072.jpg
    87 GN 072.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 433
  • 87 GN 073.jpg
    87 GN 073.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 410
Supscribed - better late than never!

I don’t know what you mean by “better late than never”, but dsapper is one member who has dismantled and then totally assembles his TR to a true pro-tuning car. His creation of changing and upgrading and still adding his ideas is one thread I really do enjoy to read. My personal reason of placing a rear spoiler 24yrs ago has no distinctive reason against dsapper installing his own creation on a rear spoiler.

Hi dsapper, That is interesting shape of the rear spoiler, can't wait to see the final outlook.
I had my add-on rear spoiler since about the same time I had my TR which was about 24yrs ago.
Just call him Dave. I will say this...after a few hours on the phone comparing builds and ideas, it is extremely clear that intention was to build an Ultimate G-Force Machine. His knowledge and engineering thought process far exceed what can be seen in these pics. Adding the wing, changing mirrors and some other cosmetic items are just personal touches.
This car is a true Work of Art and I love every post made in this thread.

I don’t know what you mean by “better late than never”, but dsapper is one member who has dismantled and then totally assembles his TR to a true pro-tuning car. His creation of changing and upgrading and still adding his ideas is one thread I really do enjoy to read. My personal reason of placing a rear spoiler 24yrs ago has no distinctive reason against dsapper installing his own creation on a rear spoiler.

Pretty sure he/she is saying that he/she has subscribed to this thread better later than never. Has nothing to do with your post

Just call him Dave. I will say this...after a few hours on the phone comparing builds and ideas, it is extremely clear that intention was to build an Ultimate G-Force Machine. His knowledge and engineering thought process far exceed what can be seen in these pics. Adding the wing, changing mirrors and some other cosmetic items are just personal touches.
This car is a true Work of Art and I love every post made in this thread.

Agreed. Amazing build! Although yours is pretty amazing also!!

Agreed. Amazing build! Although yours is pretty amazing also!!
Like I said...I have spoke with Dave on the phone and we have compared builds. Mine is a straight line/ drag car type build and his is all about handling and stability. Both will be able win indoor car shows, that's a def thing we will have in common. I have not gotten to my body and paint yet. Gonna work the bugs out of the drivetrain and put a tune on it before its taken apart for finish detail. This car will beat me to finish by a year min.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app