1987 Maroon 2 Tone T-type for sale.

short_dustin

This is my '87 T-type I picked up a few months ago from Indiana. The odometer says 78,xxx miles but the title says "exceeds mechanical limits" and that was after it hit 100K so I think it's 178,xxx. The car is stock, I have put a new gas tank, red armstrong xp pump, racetronix sending unit, new O2 sensor, exhaust manifold gaskets...I think that's it but there might be a couple things I forgot. The car runs but runs rough here is the link to the youtube vid of the car idling 1987 Buick T-Type Rough Idle - YouTube The brakes work and the powermaster turns on but the brake light is on and the pedal is hard. The transmission shifts but I've only had the car up to 30mph due to the rough running and the brakes. I'm still working on getting the car running better so it should be fixed soon.

The car has good trunk and floor pans from what I can tell. The quarters are both rusty, as well as the drivers door, drivers rocker panel and the drivers fender needs replaced. I don't know anything about the RPO sticker so if someones what's to break it down for me that would me cool to know. I'm not sure what the car is worth but I would like to either sell it or trade up for another maroon interior car or a grand national HAS TO BE '87. I'm asking $5,000.

Any questions let me know. The car is located in Marion, IL

DSCN0712.jpg

DSCN0711.jpg

DSCN0709.jpg

DSCN0707.jpg

DSCN0705.jpg

DSCN0704.jpg

DSCN0703.jpg

DSCN0702.jpg

DSCN0701.jpg

DSCN0699.jpg

DSCN0700.jpg

DSCN0708.jpg

DSCN0706.jpg

Also the headliner is missing, and the wiring inside the car is for an Autometer electric oil pressure gauge I'm installing.

Hey man, GLWS, price may be a tad high, probably looking at the OBO in this case.

I accidentally deleted the part of my original post that said "10,000 OBO, I'm listing it so high because I just want offers, I don't know what it's worth" Honestly I have no clue what to list it at so I am just trying to get an idea of what someone would like to pay for it.

Awesome and highly rare color combo. Would love to add it to our fleet, but it looks like alot of $$ is needed to restore it. GLWS.

Well like I've told a few people in IM's, if I keep the car...sadly it will be painted a solid color. I bought it just for the interior color, that's why I listed it. I would like to see someone that likes this color combo to pick it up so I can buy a black or silver or whatever color one with maroon interior. I AM OPEN TO OFFERS IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN MAKING ONE. Also I took the injectors off and I'm sending them to Chuck Leeper to clean and flow test them, also bought new plug wires and had the ignition control module tested and it's good so if the injectors don't fix it I'll buy a translator and LS1 MAF for it and hopefully that will cure it :)

Well sadly if you paint it a solid color, it will kill the value and rareness of the vehicle. I'm no expert, but there couldn't have been many TR's built with that color combo and there damn sure isn't many of them left. I too love the maroon/burgundy interior TR's and have had 10 or more of them over the years.

I know what you mean Michael,

$3,750 to anyone who wants to come get it out of my garage. The car has all new brakes up front now also. It will not go any lower than $3,500, I didn't realize this color combo was rare. I honestly don't care how rare it is I've just been waiting for our body man to get free'd up on another car we're restoring so he can get started on this one.

So if anyone wants to step up and "save" this rare color combination car you should call me real soon because it's about to be solid rosewood! My number is 618-364-5501. I really would like to see someone that likes this combo buy and restore it, I'm just not interested in doing it.

I'd also gladly take a 95 or 96 impala ss in black or dark cherry on trade for this car. I've got an LS1 I'm ready to put in one.

I was showing my 7 & 9 year old sons of my 3 Impala's just this afternoon. If you've got an old ATR catalog, you'll see my black '95 Impy in there. They used it to fabricate the exhaust systems they sold back in the day. I haven't seen too many Imp's going that cheap. Most are $8000+ around here. The more I look at your car, the more I want it! Inbox me a general address please (if you don't wanna give the exact one) so I can figure out how far you are from me. Thanks. Save 'em, don't chop 'em I say.