1987 Maroon 2 Tone T-type for sale.

my favorite color combo. I remember a mint one that popped up on here years ago that was owned by an airplane pilot. It's one of my "should've bought that car" cars since I haven't seen one again until now. I hope it gets properly restored :)

Dammit man. Congratulations on that bud. Looks like you definately upgraded. I'm happy for you. Post some pics when you get it home. That's a beautiful TR you got there.

Thanks Michael, I'm pretty excited. It's got forged pistons, weber heads and intake, built transmission, TE-44...stuff like that. It's closer to my old car I used to have condition wise and everything. I'll keep you posted after I get it. Take care!

just an update on the p.o.s i bought
that had all kinds of problems from it have a p.o.s transmission
that has no overdrive and slips really bad and its the wrong code transmission aswell
from it having no oil pressure

just of it all i called him asoon as i pulled it of the trailer when it got to my house
to let him know the problem he stated he would makeit rite i would do all the work if he
would pay for the parts ! i fixed to oil problem parts needed ( t.cover,chain,pump,pick up tube
gaskets,and fluids) 322 bucks ( no labor) then i take the car for a small ride because the brakes are
inop ( hard peddle) and the transmission is junk i call him and he says i can split the cost of the trans with u
i tell him sure . i do understand its a used car and there will be problems . lets take care of these
tw0 problems and the rest will be just as u decribed in selling the car . short of it all he backs out of it all

guys look at some of the pics u tell me if it had oil pressure and
by the looks of the timing gear the motor ran good ( was 1 tooth off )and had no noises when it left his house
the problem just happend when i recived the car !

Attachments

• 87t.jpg
    87t.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 45
  • 87t1.jpg
    87t1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 87t2.jpg
    87t2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 87t3.jpg
    87t3.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 38
Just like I mentioned to 1fastcobra, the video at the top of this page is the car running the night before the car was put on a trailer. Maybe I don't have the ear for broken timing gears and all that's currently wrong with the car. Maybe the delivery driver that has a vast knowledge of classic cars doesn't have an ear for it either. But unless I have F**king x-ray vision inside the motor there's no way I could have known. Every picture I posted on this thread was for the buyer as well as the two videos of the car running. Not to mention 1fastcobra send me a PM saying "I want it! I'll take it" before I got the idle worked out on the car.

I am not a mechanic nor do I claim to be, I bought the car and sold it because of the RUST. I do not offer warranties on anything I sell, I also do not expect warranties on anything I buy used especially a 25 year old car.

MOST IMPORTANT what 1fastcobra didn't mention is that he told me he would possibly have to rent a truck and trailer to come get the car if my delivery driver could not ship the car to him. I told him that if that was the case I would knock $200 off the purchase price to help him with his costs. My delivery guy was able to ship the car and the buyer assumed the $200 off was still valid. I let it slide because I am not trying to make a profit I just wanted a nicer car to start with, body wise. I also gave the guy a brand new in the box Walbro 255 pump from racetronix and an autometer oil pressure gauge for free.

I think it's worth noting that when I replaced the oil pressure switch the oil light went off therefore I thought the pressure switch was old and broken. And I assumed the oil pressure gauge was either faulty of I didn't have it hooked up correctly, which I also told the buyer before he bought the car.

So I do not apologize about what's happened, I'm not a shyster and do not try and cheat anyone. I try to treat everyone fair and the way I would like to be treated but I have a hard time believing the motor "got loud" the minute my delivery guy left his house. As for the transmission, I stated I didn't know what kind of condition it was in because I had not driven the car over 20 miles an hour in my original post. I had driven this car around my block 2 dozen times with "no oil pressure" as the buyer states and after all that abuse I took the second video posted in this thread, which is another reason I have a hard time believing the problems happened before the car was delivered.

This is not to sound smart ass but, if everyone that sells a used turbo Buick on this forum in the $3300 range offers the sight unseen buyer a guarantee against mechanical failure please speak up because if that's the case I shouldn't be trading on here. I have bought and sold many many cars, ATV's, motorcycles, and all kinds of toys in my life. Sometimes I get burned and that's a shitty feeling but unless I'm buying something that's being represented as excellent running and driving condition I eat my losses.