1987 gn Wire harness question

gs1joey

I have a 1987 GN that I got with a engine fire that went into the dash so I have to replace the whole wire harness from headlight firewall dash and rear lights harness does anyone know if I get one for a 1986 1987 buick regal will it be the same I know the engine harness is different but will it plug into the regular buick harness or fuse box? Any help will be much appreciated.

Casper's has what ya may need.

Just trying to figure out if a 1986, 1987 regal harness is the same and if I will be able to plug the engine harness into before I purchase a parts regal

It would have to be a 86/87 turbo car for it to work properly. Not going to be easy to find a parts car.

Just trying to figure out if a 1986, 1987 regal harness is the same and if I will be able to plug the engine harness into before I purchase a parts regal
Yes & no. Depends on what type of Regal you're getting. A V8 will differ from a NA V6, which will differ from a Turbo V6. Plus each trim level may be a bit different for different options the cars were built with.

Not to mention the wiring will be 30+ years old & who knows how butchered.

With that being said does anyone have a complete 86 , 87 wire harness NON digital dash

You'll need an analog dash harness, a stock 87 engine harness, a headlight extension harness, and a body wiring harness that extends to the back of the car. Chances are, your body wiring harness is OK since it terminates under the dash and extends to the rear of the car through the drivers side rocker panel. But the headlight harness is the other half of the C100 bulkhead and extends forward. Other minor harnesses are for the blower fan, cruise control, hood light, etc and can be fabricated or repaired from the existing burned wire. The engine harness is your main concern and Caspers supplies that part. Front lighting harnesses can come from any Regal since it's not turbo-specific and connects lighting, horns, etc.