1987 GN Pricing?

jrhanulec

my grandmother had a 1987 GN that she gave to me, its currantly in Long Island, NY But i am moving it down here (Reading,PA).

I just recently became a Volunteer fire fighter and between my regular job and that i dont have time to work on it like i want to

So im thinking about selling it if the price is right, Can anybody give me an idea roughly what i Could get for it?

here is what I know about it
1987 Buick Grand National
144XXX Miles
T-Tops
Paint has Crows Feet (looks like little Y's on the hood and trunk lid)
When my grandmother parked it, it ran awesome she just didnt want to put anymore miles on it.
It has been sitting for about 10years so im assuming all the seals are dry rotted and stuff so the engine is Probably going to need a rebuild.
The transmission shifted nicely when she parked it
it also NEEDS weatherstripping (i believe all of the weather stripping needs to be replaced)
The Rims are flaking (Chrome is coming off)
it was in a Minor accident (icy and grandma spun around and the rear hit a tree). which caused the seat to lean a little. nothing major

Here are the only pictures i have of it right now but will hopefully be getting more in a week or 2 when my grandfather comes back down

DSCN0221-Copy.jpg

DSCN0220-Copy.jpg

If anybody can give me even a ROUGH idea i would be grateful, worst comes to worst ill keep it and fix it on my days off or something

Thank you

Keep it and fix it slowly right now you wouldnt get much for it with all the work it needs and the economy. Just by what you have described maybe 5k to 6k thats just my opinion though. I think it would make grandma proud to bring it back to life:)

I would say with this market 5 to 8K would be rough number for it. Those numbers come from if you parted the entire car out into nothing. Or if someone wanted a project. That area was and still is know for some of the worst rock salt around in the winter months. It ate cars alive in less then 1 or 2 winters. If she had it out in bad winter weather the underneath could be very rusty.

It would be hard for me to let it go if my Grandmother owned it and gave it to me that's for sure. I would want to do a frame off on the car and keep it forever and pass it along. I mean how cool would that be to do a frame off and take it to shows and tell people your grandmother bought it new and gave it to you! :cool: Hard to find stories like that!

Good luck whatever path you take and keep us updated. If you want to get it running I have a guy down here near the Philadelphia airport that could get it running and give it a good spring cleaning for reasonable prices.

Thanks hungerbuhler1 And phillyturbosix

I think i am going to keep it, I talked to my grandma earlier today and she said she would be heart broken to see it go, so im going to keep it and just buy parts i need one at a time, The exterior/interior of the car i can deal with, the car hasnt been started in almost 3 years, needs a battery but ill post pics when i get it down here and keep you guys updated

Thanks again

There ya go make Grammy happy and put the old GN back to new! You can get pretty much everything you need and the search button on this forum will be your best friend. ANYTHING you can think of or any question you have use the search or just post up your questions. There is a lot of good guys on here and they will direct you in the right direction. Just keep in mind OEM GM parts are the best pieces to use whatever you replace. Somethings are out there other things you just have to wait for it to pop up and grab it. Keep checking the site daily and you'll find everything you need. I think in the end you'll be happy and so will grams! :cool:

There is also a huge national Buick event coming up the end of this month you might want to take a little road trip and check it out. There will be plenty of new and used parts there for sale for your car. Plus you can check out a crap load of other GN's to get ideas and see what certain parts look like. Plenty of Buick guys to chat with about the car as well. It's a great event. Here is the link...

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/north-eastern-area/310025-factory-stage1-convention-2010-bpg-nationals-july-30-through-august-1-2010-a.html

I'll be there with my 86 so you can always pick my ear! :cool: