1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T Limited Designer Series

D84
D84-Combo.jpg

Wh1
WH1.jpg

car

Thanks for the compliment. I believe it to be a rare and attractive piece of turbo buick history that is in near mint condition. I really like the car, but my wife does not feel the same way and would rather me have a Grand National and I kinda would like to have one as well. As anal as I am I have to have a super nice/near perfect one. Was hoping to keep this car and get a super nice GN as well, but I can't believe how much the really nice ones are priced at...so I must put this one up for sale to try and compensate for the potential out of pocket costs there.

Very nice limited you have there.

That is odd. I remember someone saying that the asking price on the gn I am advertising was to high. I think it is accurate. Especially for 6k miles in the condition that it is in. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/254733-6-000-low-mile-87-gn-sale.html

Very nice limited you have there.

That is odd. I remember someone saying that the asking price on the gn I am advertising was to high. I think it is accurate. Especially for 6k miles in the condition that it is in. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/254733-6-000-low-mile-87-gn-sale.html

Like most of the collector car market, which has softened in the past 6 months, TB's are not immune to the market conditions and have also taken a hit as well.

Last year, your 6,000 mile car would have flown out the door, but that is just not the case right now.

This is not to say this car is not worth it, or that it won't sell at that price, but you may have to be prepared to wait until you find the right buyer.

IMHO, the Turbo-T is priced $5-6K too much for a 45,000+ mileage car. One thing I learned a long time ago with collector cars, being rare does not always equate to bigger dollars. Just ask yourself, why an 87 GN always bring much better dollars then It's older brother '86GN, although there were far less of the 86's made.

Like most of the collector car market, which has softened in the past 6 months, TB's are not immune to the market conditions and have also taken a hit as well.

Last year, your 6,000 mile car would have flown out the door, but that is just not the case right now.

This is not to say this car is not worth it, or that it won't sell at that price, but you may have to be prepared to wait until you find the right buyer.

IMHO, the Turbo-T is priced $5K too much for a 50,000+ mileage car.

The market is definately down. One thing to keep in mind here is that this is not your average Turbo-T. This is likely a one of one and will likely result in a future article in Hemmings Muscle Machines similar to what is in there now with the 71 Charger 440 Sixpack factory sunroof car....I am definately biased when it comes to this car, but it is a special example as far as turbo buicks are concerned.

I have $26K in this car, and that's not to say that it's worth that, but it is exceptional. I feel $20K is more than fair for this car considering it's overall condition, completeness and rareity. It is true that rareity does not necessarily=big money, but I cannot emphasize enough how nice this car is. I would encourage anyone that has a means to see the car for themselves. I wish I could do better on the price but I cannot. If I cannot get $20K I will have to hold on to it.

Is this the car that usually sits behind the circle track bleachers at the GS Nationals? If so this the best looking Limited I have ever seen, good luck with your sale.

Is this the car that usually sits behind the circle track bleachers at the GS Nationals? If so this the best looking Limited I have ever seen, good luck with your sale.

It has once or twice. :biggrin:

I know you gave the previous owner a ""price he could not refuse"" to let his car go...I have seen this car and its awesome but you need to find that certain someone to get over $17,000 in this market,since there are many" lower" mile cars for less..
I once received a call from someone trying to sell a sage color car,needed interior,motor high miles,rust on fender ,different fender and needing a whole repaint,, he gave the guy and offer "he could not refuse",,are you sitting down,,,$20K now he is stuck with it....this doesn't pertain to your car,since you have an awesome car.. best of luck...:wink:

I think a lot of it has to do with the current economical conditions. People aren't really buying anything right now which naturally forces prices downward because people still want to sell things. Supply and demand. As a matter of fact I just purchased a used Yukon Denali for my wife. She has always wanted one. I had my eye on it since late last year before all the mad gas prices hit. It was $33K then.........Just bought it early this month for $23K:eek: Seemed to be the right time to take full advantage of the current market conditions + it made my wife happy and me too cause I essentially saved $10K by waiting a few months :D

If I have to be "stuck" with something, I am very proud to be stuck with this TR.

I think a lot of it has to do with the current economical conditions. People aren't really buying anything right now which naturally forces prices downward because people still want to sell things. Supply and demand. As a matter of fact I just purchased a used Yukon Denali for my wife. She has always wanted one. I had my eye on it since late last year before all the mad gas prices hit. It was $33K then.........Just bought it early this month for $23K:eek: Seemed to be the right time to take full advantage of the current market conditions + it made my wife happy and me too cause I essentially saved $10K by waiting a few months :D

If I have to be "stuck" with something, I am very proud to be stuck with this TR.

Amazing I just sold my 2004 denali clean 65k on the clock for 17.000 last week I thougt i would get 22-26:mad: