1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T Limited Designer Series

moon roff t top power windows locks color send pictures to myv6gn8u@aol.com

The pics in the ad are fairly thorough and show just about all aspects of the car. I do have tons of pics. What additional pics would you like to see? I plan to put a video on youtube if I can get it to upload. Will post the link if successful.

I this the car Sptlss owned here in IL...:smile:

It is that one. If you've seen it you know how nice and clean it is. As hard as it may be to believe it is now nicer. Got it back to stock and has new paint on the sides that matches the show quality paint that was done on the top.

It does look really sharp with the GNX wheels.

limited gnx wheels.JPG

limited gnx wheels 2.JPG

Wow, that is a beautiful car, hope it sells quick for you.

P.S. The turbine wheels look the best on it. :D

Wow, that is a beautiful car, hope it sells quick for you.

P.S. The turbine wheels look the best on it. :D

Thanks for the compliment. I believe it to be a rare and attractive piece of turbo buick history that is in near mint condition. I really like the car, but my wife does not feel the same way and would rather me have a Grand National and I kinda would like to have one as well. As anal as I am I have to have a super nice/near perfect one. Was hoping to keep this car and get a super nice GN as well, but I can't believe how much the really nice ones are priced at...so I must put this one up for sale to try and compensate for the potential out of pocket costs there.

You lost me there,,unless I am mistaking I thought 14,000 mile cars are going for $24k...........

You lost me there,,unless I am mistaking I thought 14,000 mile cars are going for $24k...........

I haven't been able to find one for that price. Usually closer to $30K. I have found 20-30,000 mile cars for around that though.

Question, what sets the Designer series apart from just a Limited? Is there anything visual outside on the car? Trim, emblems...ect

Question, what sets the Designer series apart from just a Limited? Is there anything visual outside on the car? Trim, emblems...ect

Designer Series was a special factory two-tone paint combination. It is not the same as the WH1 that I believe I've seen on a few 86 T-Types as Black/Silver/Black. It was available on all non-GN TRs in 1 of 4 color combinations as D84 option code. I believe it was also available on regular regals as well. May have been available on all of them but the only non-TR D84 I've seen was a Limited. The Limited designation/option package is separate from Designer Series. All Limiteds have an M in the vin and are a separate model from other Regals. There were only 1035 Turbo Regal Limiteds originally produced in 87 which makes this model rare to start with. What adds to the rarity and uniqueness of this car is that not only was it equipped with this special factory paint scheme but also has a few other rare options like leather and twilight sentinel. T-tops on a Limited has to be a rarity as well. Here's a link to some diecast cars that recently came out as a tribute to the D84. Note all of these cars are regular Turbo-Ts not Limiteds.

1:18th Scale 1987 Buick Regal Turbo T D84 Designer Series Combo, Diecast Collectibles, D84-Combo | Epitome Exclusives: Collectible Quality Turbo Buick Reproductions and Die Casts