1987 BUICK GRAND NATIONAL 39k FACTORY RADIO DELETE

Curious does the car have factory concert sound option? Looks like concert sound speakers on drivers side door panel but I could be wrong. If it does owner probably did it because the owner wanted to put his/her own radio in because I know my dad had a tough time purchasing his 354 dollar radio at the time.

bump for kerry ! i still laugh about the guy at stafford swapmeet with the wishing well :D

Curious does the car have factory concert sound option? Looks like concert sound speakers on drivers side door panel but I could be wrong. If it does owner probably did it because the owner wanted to put his/her own radio in because I know my dad had a tough time purchasing his 354 dollar radio at the time.

Car does have concert sound, and yes it was added buy the original owner.

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! Thanx to Chris for knowing what he was buying and not asking any retarded questions, like why you selling it?? or why did it get stolen? Any way thanx to all the legit viewers. Good luck with it. THANX KERRY

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! Thanx to Chris for knowing what he was buying and not asking any retarded questions, like why you selling it?? or why did it get stolen? Any way thanx to all the legit viewers. Good luck with it. THANX KERRY

Did someone really ask you why it got stolen? :eek: That's actually kind of funny.

Did someone really ask you why it got stolen? :eek: That's actually kind of funny.

Yah that and many other stupid questions/ reply's like sure you didn't have INS on it.Why would I lie about it??? Wish I did would have made out alot better.

I like the one ( Why was it ordered radio delete?)
By the way guys I just sold a brand new GM radio delete plate for $300. !! and the guy was happier than hell to even find one.

A few words about radio deletes. They did offer it as it has been pointed out. Over the years I have had about 5 or 6 with deletes. Old time customers may recall we used to sell that Buick metal pop in radio delete plate....today they are worth pretty good money. Think we sold them for $50 back in the day. Equally as radio would be the simple cheapo am radio. Only had one 1987 turbo regal car that actually still had that radio in it.

Every radio delete car I owned did however have an optional power antenna. I never saw one or had one that did not have an antenna. My guess is you had to have either a fixed antenna or optional power antenna.

Well loaded option cars remain quite popular almost as popular would be least option examples since you seldom see them.

I remember back when I was selling GTOs (late 1970s) in Hawaii you could order a GTO with a heater delete may have been possible to order a heater delete feature on other GM cars as well. You can bet that block off plate is worth big money today to a GTO owner.

Sorry to get off slightly off track.....as to the particular car being sold.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Dennis, The guy I just sold the radio delete plate to had just bought this 8,000 mile car from an 86 year old man and he said it didn't even have an antenna, just had a plug in the fender. Odd thing is the car is a loaded astro roof car.

I like the one ( Why was it ordered radio delete?)
By the way guys I just sold a brand new GM radio delete plate for $300. !! and the guy was happier than hell to even find one.

I was wondering if there was a special option like a comp prep svo or something related to racing. Unlike you I don't quite know everything yet.

When I was ordering my WE4, I did the radio delete thing...with all of the speakers... I was going to have the stereo shop down the road put a "high end head" in there :rolleyes: ....i was on the fence with that decision and then a GN came back from the stereo shop with the new "superior" radio installed and it looked like crap!!! :eek: (I was a tech. at the dealership) I ran to my salesman and we got the equalizer radio added at the last second!! funny thing is that I did not get concert sound because I was just going to buy the covers from the parts counter.....I never did...the car payment and INSURENCE was KILLING ME...boy, to have only a $520.00 payment to worry about today....hehe,,, don't mean to bog down a thread..it's just many people did not like the OEM radio at the time....
BTW, good luck to the new owner. it looked like a nice car for the $
Chris