1987 Buick GN - 117k miles (not running) - $6500 obo

Jonathan Rowe

I have a 87 Buick Gn with 117k miles that is currently not running. The timing cover, oil pan and exhaust crossover are currently off the car. The car was running but poorly until I determined the coil pack was bad. Replaced it, car ran well but apparently the cam sensor bolt came loose and the car shut down while in my garage. I was worried that it may have caused internal damage so I removed the timing cover and oil pan to check. No visible damage is seen. Also, the catalytic converter was replaced but does need to be welded to the exhaust pipe.

Now that the bad is out of the way, the car has decent paint and no rust. It has always been garage kept. It passed the VA safety inspection in 2013. It has new front tires, a newer TA49, front mount intercooler, and new rear tires (not mounted). I still have the original stock turbo and intercooler well. Additional parts include new timing and pan gaskets, new rocker springs, front/rear bumper fillers, bearings, etc.

I'm looking to move the car quickly so I'm open to any offers. I can get some pics up tonight. The car will have to be towed. I think with minimal work the car will be up and running again, I just don't have the time anymore. The car is in Northern Virginia (Lorton).

It won't last long. There are a few guys in your area that have the means to make it run again.

I'd be all over it if you were closer to me..

All,

I've gotten a lot more requests than I was initially expecting. Here are a few pics, I'll respond in order that I received the requests. Thanks for all the inquiries.

Attachments

• DSC_1563.jpg
    DSC_1563.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 356
  • DSC_1576.jpg
    DSC_1576.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 341
  • DSC_1566.jpg
    DSC_1566.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 328
  • DSC_1579.jpg
    DSC_1579.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 325
Damn iam 10 min away and too many projects. 6yrs ago I would have been all over this. :(

Thanks for all the interest. The car is pending sale. If it falls through I'll notify the next person via PM.

the car sell? I just drove 2.5 hours to look at an 84 t-type and was disappointed.