1986 T-Type in Pacific NW, $7,950 new restoration - SOLD

CliffyC

HPIM1249.JPG
HPIM1257.JPG
Found this car in Washington State, had been sitting for several years, mostly inside. Car is originally from Arizona, has no rust issues. Owner had left it with all new interior parts but hadn't installed. Body was solid and straight with only minor scratches and needed paint. Motor and trans had been rebuilt and has posi rear end. Odometer read 31K, assume it is 131K. Decided to take this on as a summer project.

Have spent the last several months restoring and detailing the car. Installed the interior, replaced all sensors, filters (gas, air, oil, trans.) and leaky gaskets. Replaced injectors, flushed radiator, intercooler and gas tank. Replaced Powermaster with vacuum unit and all new brakes (shoes, calipers, wheel cylinders, master cylinder). Have not addressed the AC, assume it will need work. Stripped entire engine compartment, cleaned and detailed all pieces, painted where needed. Put on brand new tires mounted on stock aluminum T- wheels.

Removed all body trim and chrome, cleaned, detailed and painted. Had a professional prep and primer the body then sent it to the paint shop. Painted base coat/clear coat original color. Color is code 71, Medium Red Metallic but I'd call it cinnamon.

Engine runs very good, idles smooth, good oil pressure, good power. Took it through DEQ, passed with lower numbers than any of my other three turbo Buicks. Trans shifts good, has tight converter and shift kit. At WOT sometimes need to back off to shift to second. Does great on normal driving. Car handles nice, is quite, feels smooth like a stocker. Licensed in Oregon and has clear title.

Only mods are TT chip for stock injectors and replaced duel exhaust w/Flowmasters.

Asking price $7,950.

Car is not perfect but all major and minor issues have been addressed. It's a real looker with the new paint and would make a great daily driver. I can send more photos on request.View attachment 203317
HPIM1256.JPG

Attachments

• HPIM1242.JPG
    HPIM1242.JPG
    663.7 KB · Views: 680
  • HPIM1260.JPG
    HPIM1260.JPG
    689 KB · Views: 679
  • HPIM1241.JPG
    HPIM1241.JPG
    549.6 KB · Views: 619
Picture update:

Some people have noticed the missing center caps on the rear wheels and missing hood emblem. Those have now been replaced and the stock black pinstripe along the fender line has also been installed. (Ignore the green ball, I use that to line up when I pull in the garage.) Also see pic of RPO sticker and under side of door.

Attachments

• IMG_0366.JPG
    IMG_0366.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 287
  • IMG_0364.JPG
    IMG_0364.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 288
  • HPIM1274.JPG
    HPIM1274.JPG
    618.8 KB · Views: 302
  • HPIM1269.JPG
    HPIM1269.JPG
    592.2 KB · Views: 278
  • HPIM1272.JPG
    HPIM1272.JPG
    770.8 KB · Views: 267
Thats a lot of car for the money !! Someone will be getting a very good deal. GLWS

Bryan

That's as good as it gets for under $8k!! Trust me, I looked forever before buying.
Glad you think so, I agree. Time for someone to step up and give this baby an new home. I have three other turbo Buicks, just no room for this one.