1983 T-Type

I noticed you have some rot issues on the rear. If you are willing to do it yourself, follow my "Finally got some time" post. I'm repairing mine right now and posting it.

wow (83 turbo) they r almost clones...to charlief1 there are several rot issues, ive been following your threads, keep up the awesome work and R&D on the turbo, say what it the price for YOU to do all the turbo work and for ME to purchase from you?:D

To charlief1 there are several rot issues, ive been following your threads, keep up the awesome work and R&D on the turbo, say what it the price for YOU to do all the turbo work and for ME to purchase from you?:D

Thanks.:redface: The turbo won't get finished until I get the car put together enough that it'll need it so it'll be a little while yet. The biggest thing is once I get it mounted I have to make a new up and down pipe for it. Since the first one will be the hardest I'll have to see how long it takes to make it honestly. Since I'm doing the work on my own cost really isn't that much of a factor for me except for the parts. Finding the parts is the other issue. I have enough parts to build one more and I really don't want to sell them at the moment.

If you can find the parts I do have a local machine shop that will do the mods to the inducer housing for around $100, or so he said. He's a gear head and gun nut as well. Then you can take the parts to anyone that rebuilds turbos and have them assemble it for you. Finding the parts really is the biggest problem though.

Once I prove the system then we'll see what happens but for now I don't want to make any more. I've got a lot of time invested in it and Aj's (dr_frankenstien) started making them but it's hard to get hold of him right now. He works for DOD and gets stuck in the desert frequently testing on how to disarm IED's. I think he's out again for a while doing testing.

Trying to make room in the garage for it so I can really start to pull it apart.:eek:

Boy do I know that feeling Jim. I finally got mine in the shop now and am doing rust repair first. Hope to see you get her up and running soon bud.:smile: