1983 T-Type

50psi

Hello, im new to the whole turbo buick world. I currently have a '83 T-type that i picked up for $600, It runs and drives decent, but she has a long way to go.

06171546-1.jpg

06171603.jpg

DSC02534.jpg

09251503.jpg

06291955.jpg

For some reason that car looks famiular. Keep reading in this section and we'll be more than happy to help you figure her out. Welcome aboard.

53,653 miles, third owner, the guy that had it before me was an idiot, started taking stuff apart and ended up with a vacuum leak somewhere, and also spray painted the car black one week before i decided to buy it. here is the picture of the before the rattle can...by the way my names Jordan and im a college student living in La Crosse, WI...anybody around me?

09171552.jpg

09171553c.jpg

Well it looks good from here:biggrin: I bet it don`t look so hot in person. I like the back seats, leather? I`m a collage student in MI... close, not quite:biggrin:

yea not so hot up close....yea the seats were leather, but because the interior was attacked by an animal i fully stripped it out, im going to rely me dragstrip success on the car being hella light...i want to crack 13's and dream for 12's

That would be sweet:biggrin: Last time I was on the track('04) with my '78... I had me, my uncle, a full size 15" spare wheel and tire, bumper jack with crowbar, full tool box, some spare parts, all interior, exterior and under hood parts, running a N/A Edel 4bbl setup, alum intake with a bad leaking oil pump, rod knock and still ran 16s @ 90+ mph lmfao:biggrin: Now if I can do that, you can do anything;)

thats awesome, a 90+ trap is even sweeter, yea i think i should do ok, the goal is to purchase a fiberglass hood, trunk lid, front and rear bumpers, run some alky injection with a small nitrous shot, while running on a welded diff. with slicks...what mods are done to your car FB4L? Also nice burnout vid...

It took the whole track to get to 90 tho:biggrin: The fiberglass parts are expensive, but they will help a lot. I haven't done a lot of mods to it yet, just put 8445 heads on, better headers, still running the N/A setup for now... I `m looking for a turbo carb now, mine got stolen a few years back, but it was only a 2bbl anyways:biggrin: I went the other way from everyone else and finished the exterior first. I ripped out the A/C, heater, air vents in the dash, carpet... anything that I didn`t absolutely need to lighten it up some.

Yeah, the 8445 heads are the better ones to use. I notice it has a little more top end power. I was driving with a blown head gasket on the other heads for awhile, never noticed it till the other gasket blew clean threw and it still ran while backfiring threw the carb lol I got the heads off my '85 motor and I`m going to use the turbo from it with my carb setup. Not going to be the fastest, but its a start.

cool i'll have to try the heads out, is the best source tracking down somebody parting a hot air car?or should wil i have better overall luck getting some ported heads from a major GN parts dealer?

If you want a better solution for the turbo click on the second link in my sig. Not easy but I do show how to do it.

I would look in the hot air forum and see whats for sale, you can check the for sale section too. If not, make a WTB post. But really, it all depends on what your budget is. You could always go with TA performance alum heads if you have a big fat wallet:biggrin: unlike me:(

cool i'll have to try the heads out, is the best source tracking down somebody parting a hot air car?or should wil i have better overall luck getting some ported heads from a major GN parts dealer?

You probably already have 8445 heads on an '83. No major differance in heads after 1978.

I would concentrate on getting what you already have running well before you start changing parts. Install boost & knock gauges and see where you are at.

You probably already have 8445 heads on an '83. No major differance in heads after 1978.

I would concentrate on getting what you already have running well before you start changing parts. Install boost & knock gauges and see where you are at.

What he said

Nice purchase! I'd have picked that up too for $600. I dig the wheels as well, Love it we got to keep these cruising and not crushing.

Hello, im new to the whole turbo buick world. I currently have a '83 T-type that i picked up for $600, It runs and drives decent, but she has a long way to go.

06171546-1.jpg

06171603.jpg

DSC02534.jpg

09251503.jpg

06291955.jpg

DAAAAAMNNN Thats sweeet:biggrin: Looks like mine....

Attachments

• 18177359162_ORIG.jpg
    18177359162_ORIG.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 368
  • 18177359179_ORIG.jpg
    18177359179_ORIG.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 375