1978 buick turbo 3.8 engine make offer complete from oil pan to intake minus carb

chaparral

For sale complete buick 3.8 turbo v6 engine

all parts including alternator included turbo down pipe exhaust manifolds etc. Make offer runs excellent miles unknown

doesnt smoke or nock
thanks and look forward to hearing back,

p.s. Wont this engine work in the 87 buick regal limited cars if one wanted to swap to a turbo v6 engine, someone knowledge please respond have a few questions. Thanks.

Or trade for other buick grand national items. Let me know thanks stevehllsbr@aol.com or 937 661 0010 thanks steve

JEESCH bud maybe check out the join date there and cut a guy some slack there bud, cause aaaahhhh didnt realize you couldnt do that, might i ask or i guess should i ask is there a special place im suppose to go do that at. or do you just not want me doiig it. seriously cause i didnt relize it wasnt allowed the postings ive been responding to and sending have been all about purchasing items, scroll up ther is an intake and talk of carb OH WELL MY BAD, WONT YOUR ACCEPT MY APOLOGIES FOR POSTING IN THE FORUM THE PARTS FOR SALE.

SINCERELY (STEVE) CHAPARAL

Easy, not that big a deal. I just posted a link to the moderators posting saying don't put for sale stuff in here. It just gets cluttered and next thing you know you have for sale stuff everywhere. There is a "FOR SALE" and "WANTED" section to post up stuff in there. If you look at the "stickies" in the top portion of most of the secitons, you will see any rules on what can and can't be posted in there. It just keeps the board organized. Not bashing brother, just guiding to another area. Merry Christmas Steve.

JEESCH bud maybe check out the join date there and cut a guy some slack there bud, cause aaaahhhh didnt realize you couldnt do that, might i ask or i guess should i ask is there a special place im suppose to go do that at. or do you just not want me doiig it. seriously cause i didnt relize it wasnt allowed the postings ive been responding to and sending have been all about purchasing items, scroll up ther is an intake and talk of carb OH WELL MY BAD, WONT YOUR ACCEPT MY APOLOGIES FOR POSTING IN THE FORUM THE PARTS FOR SALE.

SINCERELY (STEVE) CHAPARAL

Hey man where you from?

CHeck the upper right corner:biggrin: Send me a pm with info on your car and what you want to do with it.

I guess your talking to me, and the car i have is an 87 buick regal limited with original 88,000 on engine which is 3.8 liter carberated. Id love to go with at least a stock turbo set up, then up grade from there but little diffuculty locating and purchasing all necessary parts, i have hood supossedly i need still front and rear bumper fillers and the rear deck spoiler, black bumpers on front and rear wouldnt hurt my feeling none, i also without shadow of a dooubt want a digital dash for m ride, im told that this year is fairly interchangable with other gn's

so thats where im at, send me an email il send a photo of car

If you are looking at doing a conversion you would need an entire parts car. If your limited is in good condition, I would take that 78 turbo motor and put it in that. That is your choice though. pm me and let me know how much you want for the motor shipped to sioux city, ia 51109. My friend may be buying a roller and will need an engine to put in it.

Not sure about the shipping charge and all tht i personally havent shipped much of anything that had any weight. And far as price on engine, well to be perfectly honest, i wrote it up as make an offer i wanted to see what others thought of its value. We see the prices bare blocks go for having one, complete with four barrel intake and turbo and down pipe and manifolds all intact and its running no smoking or knocking of any sorts. My zip is hillsboro ohio 45133 make me a reasonable offer.

If you cannot find a GN roller there for a complete motor, you could probably get one, or a conversion kit from one of the vendors (either Intercooled88s or Bweavy) Bweavy is Brian at gbodyparts.com who deals a lot here. When I converted from hot air turbo to intercooled turbo, I needed a bunch of parts like intake, computer, wiring harness, header, downpipe, coil, alternator, brackets, etc, etc, etc and I got all of what I needed to convert from Bob (intercooled88s). You have the 3.8 block, and if they are turbo pistons (not sure if same as older tubo pistons), 2 dot turbo rods, and a good crank (NA or turbo) you might be closer than you think. Maybe use the motor you have and build it as a turbo (86-87) motor. Just an idea.

yes i believe using the motor i have i am closer then i think but it is a long road to hoe finding each and every part needed for the conversion, i have a hood coming up from alabama after christmas, i think i got a good deal. it was hood in good condition and black out package exterior trim for 325.00 shipped and was actually sending the rear quarter windows instead of removing the mouldings and also have the fender flares coming, i am short a deck spoiler and rear deck that has no rust, and confused on bumpers, id like black ones, i have chrome but i bought some stuff im supposed to be able to spray over chrome and then paint will adhear, time will tell.

i would about need like a complete break down of things i needed to do to make a successul conversion, also looking for digitial dash.

Check out the below link to Bobs (Intercooled88s) for sale posting. This should give you an idea of prices and availablility. You might be able to barter a price when you buy more items. There is also a listing of how much it is to convert from hot air to IC'ed like I did, but he would have to build you an even different package since you are going from 79ish carbed turbo. Keep posting up if you have questions, whether it be in the before black section, or more than likely the general turbo discission section. Use the search function too. There are not very many questions we ask that have not been asked before and answered very in depth.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/pa...arts-list-fall-cleaning-more-parts-added.html

i have already running the 87 original buick regal limited engine chances are i would just build from there, its the most complete or actually in the end would be the best set up to run verses the older stly anyhow so i think im stickin with the 87 block and just drill the return hole for oil while its apart.

i dont know i just cam across that engine and i can get it for a good deal if it were worth anytthing and was thinking i could use it to get parts i wanted or needed. its a complet 3.8 v6 with turbo intake oil pan everything minus four barrel, its a four barrel aluminum intake and thats older but i think in long run using my existing block would be best. but i still need exterior parts and if this place you listed has parts do they have the intakes and stuff i would need and i would stil be carberated or no. how does that work.