$18000 of disposable income, what car do you buy?

you can buy my 02 Camaro Z28 for $10,500, its got most of the mods people normally do to them, its super clean, and there are no issues at all. Plus, I'm in central Illinois so you don't have to drive very far to get it!

I would look for a used 2011 mustang with a 5.0 in it, maybe find one for a little more then you are looking to spend. Otherwise, the 99-02 ls1 cars are awsome for daily drivers and can easily be 11 or 10 second daily drivers with the right combo. I know you can find plenty of camero's and firebirds 99-02 in you price range, tastefully modded. TR's can be great daily drivers too. However, having someone that can work on it for you and knows what they are working on really helps. I drove one 100+ miles round trip a day, but had a couple good friends/technicians that had worked on Buicks for a long time on speed dial!

Well I will make my decision when I can afford the best car I can get (for a lot less than 18k most likely) but I'll also keep an eye on the Midwest Section of the forum if I get a buick (God I want one!)

Heres something I've found, I've got a whoole lot of questions for this feller. What do you all think? Thanks again for all your input!!

1963 caddy

2 years and three months have gone by, and I still have my heart set on a GN. Coming down to the wire with just a month before my loan, I'm going to post pics of a potential GN I've found, I would greatly appreciate anyone and everyone's input before I reveal how much he's asking. How much would those who are well versed on these black beauties be willing to shell for what this guy has? He has messaged a build sheet for me as well. Damn impressive.

DSC00062.jpgDSC00063.jpgDSC00064.jpgDSC00068.jpgDSC00074.jpg

Looks real nice. Its hard to tell how nice the paint is but I would say 13k plus. I'm a t top lover and it's hard to find a rust free one, and the undercarriage looks very clean.

Get something like a 2001-2003 Corvette C5. Great MPG and easy to work on. Should be able to pick up a higher mileage non Z06 for like 12K.

GN looks Very Nice!!!

I wouldn't hesitate to jump in another 68 Fury III and drive cross-country anytime, with a little prep of course. That link didn't work anymore, so that's out for now anyhow. 383 is very dependable though and a Gear Vendors OD unit would make it a pleasure, as with any non-OD older car that isn't easily adaptable to modern trans.

Stay FAR from a 63 Caddy. The 390 in the 63 is a bastard between the earlier 390 and the new-for-64 429. It has all kinds of unique BS to it.

Get something like a 2001-2003 Corvette C5. Great MPG and easy to work on. Should be able to pick up a higher mileage non Z06 for like 12K.

found an FRC for 15500, but Ive got a number in my mind I really don't want to go over, I will need $$ for maintenance repairs on one with 130,000mi. But a corvette must have a clutch, I could only go to an Auto if I bought a GN. Plus, the GN above would smoke any C5 for a whole lot less capital (up front anyway). Isn't that why we love these cars?? :cool:

But I can't help but notice all the static from this board for a GN as a second-car (but it would be my primary). I like this one because the paint isn't perfect, perhaps driver quality, but there was no skimp on power. asking 13k :smile::smile:

Take advantage of this economy..I'd buy a 2nd Gen Dodge Charger ('68-70)...lots of em going for 18K that are very very nice...and then when the economy gets better and u want to make some money sell it for double what u paid. A nice classic is as good as a 401K (IMHO).

I would make you a great deal on my 87 Limited, its turn key, new turbo, proven mid 11 sec daily driver. E-mail me NationalDents@aol.com I know its not black, but its amazingly nice.

Jason

There is a 86 gn in the indiana auto and rv mag right now. I think they are asking 11600. Keep in mind that these cars are more temperamental the more modded they are. If you need anyone to go look at a turbo Buick with you just send a pm. There are a few more of us in the central Indiana area for more help. I know Muncie has quite a few tr's.

Check for cracks at the top of the B-pillars as there are no trunk braces and t-top cars will tend to flex significantly.

Not to crap on chuck's comment but i've personally never seen a t top car crack at the b pillar like a hardtop. They ARE weak and rattly as hell, and they flex a lot but they flex at the center and don't crack at the b pillar from what i've seen anyway. The headliner is easier to change too and a lil more headroom if you are tall. however that is where the positives stop for the t top cars.

Buy what you want. They all have pros and cons. I have a 8k mile near concorse hardtop car. And a 140k mile ttop car, I prefer driving my ttop by alot. Makes it more of an "toy" to me anyway. I love the open air feel. I would not buy another hardtop car. If I ever hit mega millions I'm going to buy a GNX and put t-tops on.. Lol

Not to crap on chuck's comment but i've personally never seen a t top car crack at the b pillar like a hardtop. They ARE weak and rattly as hell, and they flex a lot but they flex at the center and don't crack at the b pillar from what i've seen anyway. The headliner is easier to change too and a lil more headroom if you are tall. however that is where the positives stop for the t top cars.

No offense taken, Bob :) I had a buddy with an SS Monte that cracked there....I've never really seen it on a regal either, but I thought OP should be aware just the same.