17X9 snowflakes....thoughts?

Stroker-ace

Boosted-brick
Has anyone tired these on a regal yet? I think they would look pretty darn good...

2.jpg

Please let me know, i would love to see a picture of it if so.

Has anyone tired these on a regal yet? I think they would look pretty darn good...

2.jpg

A friend of mine bought a set for his 78 TA and they look very nice. I have not seen them on a GN yet but they probably would look pretty cool. I wonder if you can get the lugs in 12mm 1.5 for our cars? I guess a call to Year One would answer that. If so, I could probably put them on my car to see how the look.

A friend of mine bought a set for his 78 TA and they look very nice. I have not seen them on a GN yet but they probably would look pretty cool. I wonder if you can get the lugs in 12mm 1.5 for our cars? I guess a call to Year One would answer that. If so, I could probably put them on my car to see how the look.

Whats that about the lugs? would these not bolt up? what would you ahve t do to get them to fit?

2.jpg

been thinking about putting a set on my GN.... 17x9, silver, exactly like in the picture. :cool:

they will look out of place.
that style of wheel only works on a late 70's Trans Am with a big bird on the hood, they look like crap on anything else.

They actually look very nice on late model 3rd gen firebirds and TA's.

I used to have the 15x8 snowflakes on my old '87 GP, i'll see if i can get some pics posted. Hopefully that'll give ya some idea.

I used to have the 15x8 snowflakes on my old '87 GP, i'll see if i can get some pics posted. Hopefully that'll give ya some idea.

Sorry I don't have much skill at the photoshopping, but here is an attempt. I think they look really good on a GN.

GNsnowflakes.jpg

Before going with my CCW's I was going to go with these rims on my white T-Type. I was going to get mine through Year one and planed on getting the lighter ones.

I think they would look real good with black centers!

SW.

Sorry I don't have much skill at the photoshopping, but here is an attempt. I think they look really good on a GN.

GNsnowflakes.jpg

Hey! that came out pretty good! - better than I could do! certainly gives you an idea, and yeah, I like the look!

My main question would be about the backspacing. the YearOne website indicates the backspacing is 4 7/8", from what I've seen with other wheel designs, that's about 1/2" too much backspacing from an aesthetic perspective. I'm pretty sure they will fit fine, but I think they may be tucked in just slightly too far for my taste. IMO, G-bodies need zero or slightly negative offset and 4 7/8" bs on a 9" wide wheel is 3/8" positive offset.

Wow - good job on the photoshop Firechicken. I like them and agree with Scot W that the black centers would look killer. I wonder if the can polish the lip? I am going to call Year One and ask about lugs too.