17 wheels how big and wide can I go

Putting 17s on I want 17x8s in front and 17x? In rear I do not want to roll panels. What will fit tire wise and what backspacing do I need for front and rear probably leaning towards 17x9s in the rear. I've read the forum and people are all over the place

I'm looking at the same. Still trying to decide. But it looks like 9.5" on rear works with 4.5 or maybe 4.75" BS. Some seem to run 285/40 tire but roll the fender. It would be great if someone could confirm.

I'm looking at the same. Still trying to decide. But it looks like 9.5" on rear works with 4.5 or maybe 4.75" BS. Some seem to run 285/40 tire but roll the fender. It would be great if someone could confirm.
Yeah I don't want to chance it or roll the panels need something to work the first time without fail I've seen a lot of posts with different sizes and backspacing and everyone says something different

Yeah I don't want to chance it or roll the panels need something to work the first time without fail I've seen a lot of posts with different sizes and backspacing and everyone says something different

That's because every car is a little different!

I run a 17 x 10 rear with a 275/40 with 4.75 bs and had to roll the fenders. If you are adamant about not rolling the lips, I'd go with a 255/45 rear tire on a 8 or 9" with 4.5-4.75" bs.

There not that different there all within a tolerance
All.........? Some of them might surprise you. Most just not that noticeable until you start filling up the wheel well. I'm getting ready to tackle this myself.just need to find the right rims.

If your looking for a aggressive wide stance, and looking to retain the fender lip without rolling it. It doesn't exist. Period. Your giving up a inch or more of useable space which makes the rear tire stay too far in the fender imo, which limits the tire you can run. Your either going to use a wide tire, low profile with lots of gap between the tire and fender, or, a small tire that sits inside the fender that doesn't fill the wheel well properly. If your fixed on keeping the lip, rent the tool that rolls the fender with the lip properly that was in the for sale section and have the best of both worlds. Imo, the taller the rim, the harder it becomes to make a tire section work and look good because it is done with less side wall that makes the tire really stand out, and looks silly if there is too much gap on the fender to the tire.

Picture below is a 295/50/16 tire on a 9.5" rim with the fender rolled (no frame notch, all stock). That same look can still be attained with the lip trim still on the car, but rolled.

I am sitting on 17 x 8 and 17 x 10 without a frame notch. No rubbing at all with a 315/35/17.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I use 17x8 and 17x9.5 no rolling or notch and without rubbing 295/40/17 rear end 003.JPG Hempstead-20130405-00028.jpg

I am sitting on 17 x 8 and 17 x 10 without a frame notch. No rubbing at all with a 315/35/17.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Have you got any pictures up close? I am planning on the same thing. I 17x8's now with 275/45/17 with pleny of room. I want to run a 9.5 or 10 inch rim with a 305 tire.

How about 18 by 8.1/2 in front...9-9.1/2 in rear The car will have bigger disk brakes all around and lowered without rolling lips ant input on backspace and tire size

I have 4.75 BS... 295/40/17 back and front 255/45/17... They would rub with my stock suspension, so I went with the Ridetech rear fully adjustable coil and lowered the front 2 inches....