17" and up gnx similar wheel

blestx4

WORK WHEELS : 877-361-0296

Scroll down and look at the work vsxx model and down a few more the
work Brombacher series.
Website says they are custom made to order. I have seen these popping up on all kinds of cars. With Black centers they could pull off an updated gnx look. For those who are less wallet challenged than myself take a look.

So what? they're just BBS ripoffs that you see on every import. They're really not that similar to GNX style wheels if you ask me.

Sorry, imho those look to me like cheap imitations of some of the nice wheels out on the market today. If you are bucks up, why don't you go for the real thing like HRE or some of the other well known brands?
That's no GNX look-a-like either.

Well ...

Its all opinion anyway. They look good to me on the Bandit trans am that Popular Hot Rodding featured a while back. To each his own.

So what? they're just BBS ripoffs that you see on every import. They're really not that similar to GNX style wheels if you ask me.

No cheap rip offs, they are high quality, high priced, very high finish (better than BBS IMO)HREs are very nice I agree, regardless, its hard to find a real GNX lookin wheel, everyone makes a mesh, no one that really nails it.

Its all opinion anyway. They look good to me on the Bandit trans am that Popular Hot Rodding featured a while back. To each his own.
-----------------------------
blestx4: You're correct, it's all opinion anyway, and I don't think that they look bad, I just don't like chrome and believe that chrome makes any wheel look cheap, even the high $$ ones. Didn't mean to flame.

No cheap rip offs, they are high quality, high priced, very high finish (better than BBS IMO)HREs are very nice I agree, regardless, its hard to find a real GNX lookin wheel, everyone makes a mesh, no one that really nails it.
----------------------
I must have a different opinion regarding mesh, as to me mesh means a cris-cross pattern of some type. Nobody currently makes a GNX replica or GNX look-a-like in 17". Kirban makes some in 16". And even a set of 4 front GTA rims in really nice condition are getting pricey and hard to come by. Just my opinion, but nothing else even comes close to the look of a GNX or a replica GNX rim on any of the turbo Buick series cars. No flaming was intended, I am overly opinionated, I guess.

I like what yearone did with the bandit T/A wheels. They would look good black on a GN

Picture668.jpg

I spent a year looking for GNX like wheels in a 17" wheel. Try looking at Simmons OM Series wheels. They’re not identical to the GNX wheels but they are as close as I could find. They come in 16”, 17” & 18”, 6-12” wide and any offset you want. I think they look pretty with the center section painted black.
Dave

Attachments

• New Rims 020.jpg
    New Rims 020.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 1,119
  • New Rims 018.jpg
    New Rims 018.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,100
  • New Rims 022.jpg
    New Rims 022.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,352
  • new rims 036.jpg
    new rims 036.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,304
What size and offset are your wheels and tires? My car is being painted right now and I'm looking to bolt on tires that are at least 315s in the rear and 275s up front.

They're 275x40x17 on 17x9-1/2, -15.78mm offset on the front, 315x35x17 on 17x12, -41.18mm offset on the back. I was going for the deep dish look on the back, I think I pulled it off. I got too aggressive on the back offset and had to put 1/4" spacers on. I've also got travel stops on the back.
This sizing worked for me but I have the GNX flares that give me more space to work with and I have a rock hard suspension. These probably won’t work on a GN with soft (stock) suspension. You need to take some measurements and see what size tire you can fit in. Make all your measurements from the mounting flange surface. The tires shouldn’t come inboard anymore than 4½”. If your suspension is soft or lowered make sure the tires will clear the fenders.
Once you know the size of tire you’re going to use selected the rim width you need. All tires sizes will have a range of rim sizes that they can be used with. The measure rim width will keep the sidewalls relatively square. Keep in mind that the section width listed for a tire will change by about .2” for every .5” of difference from the measure rim width. Last select the offset you need. This will move the tire centerline away from the mounting flange surface. A negative offset will move the tire outboard.
As you can see I’ve got the fronts tucked in. The back is lifted (with air bags) enough to prevent contact. If you need any help post your measurements.

Attachments

• New Rims 016.jpg
    New Rims 016.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,025
  • New Rims 017.jpg
    New Rims 017.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 915
They look really nice! You definitely have the deep dish look in the rear!

I asked my painter to install GNX fender flares (Poston) and vents (Kirban) on my T mainly because of the function. I like a breathable engine bay and alot of rubber.

I always wanted to go with the wide 345s on the rear. However, I think I may have to go with a frame notch to be sure it has a clean look. Ultimately, I would like to have all my tires almost flushed with the fender flares to give the car an agressive, protouring look. I've considered modifying the upper insides of the front and rear flares (like the original GNX) to be sure I'll have clearance for all four tires. To do this, I may have to cut pretty close to the outer lip on the flares and cut the original fenders.

Do you know anyone who may have done this? I'll send you pics of when I tried to see what a 345/35-19 tire would look like on my car on my next post.

Thank you!

I've considered modifying the upper insides of the front and rear flares (like the original GNX)

You pretty much have to. The stick-on reproduction GNX flares don't actually give you any more room for bigger wheels/tires because your original fender is still there where it has always been. Unless you trim back the fenders like an actual GNX, the flares are just for looks.

If the frame is trimmed, how wide a tire will fit w/o trimming the wheel lip?
Conrad

07Convention 008.jpg

Quick comparison between the 275s and the 345s.

07Convention 009.jpg

This is a shot with the 345s placed roughly 1" from the frame. As you can see, it appears that the rubber sticks out about an inch even after placing the GNX flares to the body.

07Convention 014resize.jpg

This shows the tire pushed in all the way, touching the frame. It looks better, but it would obviously need a frame-notch.

07Convention 015.jpg

Here is a front view.
---------------------------------

What do you guys think?

don't take what I said as negative...that crap rocks...those are huge. It was kind of like shock and awe when I posted that. LOL