160#ers and fast

TURBOZ

Im currently running the bank-bank system on my car. i would like to get some feedback on running 160# injectors on a street car.
My car is going to require about 95# injector, but why not just get the 160's so I will never have to buy injectors again?

In your current situation, I wouldn't do it. I took a look at the dyno sheet on your website, and even the 95 lb injectors are more than enough. For a street-driven turbo car, and with the bank to bank setup, the 160s will be difficult to get tuned properly and have the tune be consistent over widely varying weather conditions. It's far too big of an injector for what you have. Although this is an extreme example, it will be like trying to fill a shot glass from a 5 gallon pail. You certainly will have more than enough on hand to get the glass filled, but the larger container will make it more difficult to fill the glass with any precision - and precision is the key to making your car run well.

The FAST will control the 160s with an excellent degree of precision, but since you will use maybe half of what those injectors can provide, you essentially lose half of your tuning resolution. I believe the benefits of having all the injector you will ever need will be outweighed by the higher degree of tunability you will have with the proper injector for the application. You can always sell your current injectors for a decent price and get bigger ones when they are needed.

Craig thanks for the reply:) Another problem that I have run into is the quality of injecters that are avalible that provide 95lb's. From what I hear delphi/msd/rochester all the same, have had problems locking up under high fuel pressure. Dont think I want to risk it. The closest thing I can get is a siemen 83# which flow close to 87#'s, but still thats running those siemens at about 100%DC. My app is good to about 1200hp, and I dont plan on going any higher then that with the stock block.......what to do.......

Originally posted by Craig Smith

The FAST will control the 160s with an excellent degree of precision, but since you will use maybe half of what those injectors can provide, you essentially lose half of your tuning resolution.

How do you figure that?.
I can see having problems if the PW is less then the min operating time of the injector to fully cycle at idle.
But, where does this lose of resolution come into play?.

For any given change in pulsewidth, the change in fuel delivery is about twice as high with a 160 than it is with an 83. There is still pretty fine control even for the 160s but low-speed stuff is easier with a smaller injector.